Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I've been reading this forum for about a week now and have found it very informative. I found it off of Mad Ogre's website (http://www.madogre.com/) - a very interesting site too. Since this is the Intro section, I guess I should tell ya'll about myself. I'm a young shooter (23) and I have yet to get my CHL, but I am working on it. My infant gun collection currently has three members (in order of acquisition): a FB Radom VIS, a Springfield Armory XD (9MM) and a Sig Sauer P220 (my first time ever shooting a .45-amazing, by the way). Has anyone in the forum ever had the pleasure to shoot a Radom VIS? I've heard at a few gun shows that they are common, but every time I take it to the range, people are amazed at how well it shoots (and that I shoot it regularly). It is a Polish 9MM automatic from WWII that is (as far as I can tell) is a precursor to the CZ75 (mine was taken off of a German Tank Command who didn't need it any more and brought back by my Stepfather's Father) I hope I haven't rammed too many thoughts into one post, but it's my intro so be gentle!:gah:

I guess I should mention my profession - I'm an IT Manager for a small business in Waco, TX (I.E. Professional Computer Geek).
At any rate, thanks so far for the shared wisdom, and here's to learning much more in the future!
~Thomas

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Welcome. Never even have got to see a Radom in person. Now , Sig's and XD's those are nice shooters.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Welcome , tho i never owned a radom i have shot one ( back in the 70s a friend had one ) i didnt mind it , but imho it should not be mentioned in the same post with the sig 220 lol anyway pull up a seat and listen to us old pharts at the campfire , feel free to chip in with a question or opinion too

·
Administrator
143,593 Posts
Welcome Exodus!

Thanks for registering! :usflag:
Make yerself right at home.

GREAT intro By The Way.

Don't forget to add that witty comment down there though. :biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Thomas - welcome aboard :smile:

Radom - nope - no knowledge at all but if you post some pics later on that'd be great.

Ahhh - the SIG 220 - a man of taste! IMO as good a .45acp platform as any out there (sorry Bruce LOL). :wink:

·
Super Moderator
23,590 Posts
Welcome, Waco! Nice to see more Texans! Good intro, and there's an old thread with a lot of brainy folks like you fess'n up to their real jobs. You'll fit right in with your guns and all.

·
Super Moderator
25,537 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for taking the time to register.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the warm welcome all. I guess the media is wrong about all of you (us) "gun-toting psychopaths". Pfeh. If only everyone could see the real world. Anyways, I've attached a picture of my VIS (not the best picture...was still learning to use the camera). I'll take a better picture next time I break out the SLR. You can also see a very good picture of the gun here: http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg61-e.htm

It is a very accurate gun and it is nice to wrap your hands around history. Shooting a gun almost three times my age that actually saw combat is such a horrific war (on the enemy side, no less) is a very humbling experience.

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Exodus! :smile:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.