Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my names Josh. I was browsing through this sight, and have been answering allot of my questions. I own a few pistols as of now. The other day I went to gander mountain to get the Ruger 30_06 American. That was Monday, I was put on delay? I still haven't heard anything from gander. Im starting to sweat it a little. Can someone please tell me what delayed means. What I've been reading it takes an hour to maybe a couple days, but not four days?

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry :wave: The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Welcome from Southwest Florida.

·
Registered
7,973 Posts
Welcome from South Carolina...

Why don't ya call em and ask your question...Just thinkin outloud here....

·
Super Moderator
50,612 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret :31:

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Welcome from Memphis.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Welcome from GB. Call Gander. They will call and find out the reason for the delay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the welcomes. I called yesterday and all they told me is that it could take up to eight days. I think thats crazy.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Josh.

·
Banned
2,030 Posts
Welcome from Beloit. I bought a rifle last week. The whole process took about 30 minutes. You should call and find out what's going on.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Milwaukee!

Usually for handgun purchases it takes a minimum of 2-3 days depending on how long it takes for the background check to come through. My last pistol purchase took 3 days at Fleet Farm in Germantown. My next purchase was at Streicher's Police HQ in Butler but I'm still waiting for delivery of the M&P 40C. The store has been getting spotty shipments from S&W but they told me it would be a minimum of 2 days after the background check gets phoned in. You also have to figure in the "cooling off" period that's imposed on handgun purchases where you can't walk in, buy a handgun & walk out with it. I don't think that's in effect for rifles.

Like dealing with any bureaucratic entity there generally isn't any set time to get your business taken care of unless a limit is set by law. With the big push of people buying guns after getting their new CCL I'm sure there's a backlog.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I have some misdemeanors on my record. I also share a name with a felon in Milwaukee. I get delayed EVERY time. I really need to get a UPIN.

Don't sweat it. Just call Gander Mountain and ask.

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
Welcome from Delaware!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Welcome from PA. Hope you getting everything settled soon. Happy shooting.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.