Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I just joined and am looking forward to learning a great deal from everyone - both good and bad. :)

I don't have a carry weapon yet, which is one of the topics I'll be researching here (along with holsters - IWB & OWB).

My current weapons:

Walther PPQ M2 .22LR
Walther PPQ M2 9mm
H&K VP9 9mm

PSA Upper, PSA Lower, SS 16" barrel, .223/5.56 AR15 with Magpul MLok furniture.
PSA Upper, Anderson Lower, SS 16" barrel, .223/5.56 AR15 with 13" keymod rail and Magpul grip/stock. Granted only the upper is assembled at this point.

I just got my CCW permit yesterday, so much more to read, test and analyze before getting my first carry weapon and holster.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

RET :31:

Reactions: Shrek74

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry :wave: The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
I love to carry a fullsize. You have two fine firearms in the VP9 & Walther PPQM2. I myself would recommend a Glock G19 or a G26 If Glocks aren't your thing I'd look at the Sig P320 Carry size option (Sweet Trigger on those).

G17 05-13-2016a.jpg G17 05-13-2016b.jpg Bigfoot G17 -b.jpg What can I say I love my Full Size G17gen 4.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin, Jason!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I forgot to mention I'm in SW Ohio currently.

I've got my carry choices down to the following:
Walther CCP
Walther P99c
Springfield XDS
Springfield XD mod 2 3"

I've shot about 8 or so guns trying to find what I like, including multiple glocks, S&W, Walthers, Springfields, and an H&K. The above are my thoughts, although the ppq m2 is another option.

I really like the P99c, but I'll be damned if there are much to choose from in the holster department.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky

Sent via Tapatalk from somewhere in a distant bunker.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts