Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
I believe that you can obtain a non-resident PA permit. Do you have a NJ handgun permit? Or go for the gold and get a FL non resident permit that has reciprocity with 33 other states.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont have a carry permit for nj. i do have a fire arms purchasing permit though, and a valid hunting license.

·
Registered
179 Posts
ok, i live in nj and want to get a CCW for PA. what are my options?
Since NJ has a CC law you would need a NJ CC Permit to get a PA non-resident permit.

Go to Handgunlaw.us and click on PA for information. You could also go for VA or Fla non-resident permit. Fla would give the most states but also has a large back-up of applications.:bier:

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
You could move to a state that actually allows you your rights under the constitution

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
To be covered in PA, get the FL permit. It's worth the wait. The UT permit is less expensive, works in PA, but FL won't honor a non-resident permit.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Tried to get the PA non-resident permit. Refused because I don't have a NJ carry permit. Nobody gets a NJ permit unless you are a big contributor to Corzine. I have the UT and FL non-resident permits, so I can carry in PA anyhow. Just wanted to get the PA permit because I'm planning to move there from NJ the day after I retire.

·
Super Moderator
25,571 Posts
will the hunters eduction course work for a training cert. for the florida permit.
If it has a signature on it. Also if you were ever in the military your DD 214 will work.

And, Florida is finally starting to catch up on their backlog, but I don't think either Florida or Utah are making their "60 day be law" deadlines yet. More like 90 days...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Florida is definitely the way to go. Where are you in NJ? Contact me via PM or e-mail (see my profile) and I'll give you all the "insider" info.

Adios,

Pizza Bob<----also behind the iron curtain in the PRNJ

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Welcome to the forum, as you can see, there are a lot of folks here happy to answer you questions, enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
As two others have mentioned, the FL permit is going to work for ya'.:yup:
The added prize here is that FL is one of about six states that will only recognize permits from states where you're a resident....BUT...if you have the FL permit, you'll be good to go when you visit here as a non-resident, and you couldn't find a better 'winter escape'.:danceban:

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
thanks for all the info. great site and people....
Great! Welcome aboard. We hope you continue to become one of the active people who post here!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
i dont have a carry permit for nj. i do have a fire arms purchasing permit though, and a valid hunting license.
Are you wanting the non-resident permit from another state so you can carry in NJ?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Are you wanting the non-resident permit from another state so you can carry in NJ?
Considering NJ doesn't appear to recognize permits from any other state that would be useless.:mad:

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Considering NJ doesn't appear to recognize permits from any other state that would be useless.:mad:
That was the point of my question.

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts