Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my license for a while but in a new situation now and seeing if there is anyone else also. Lost part of my leg and got a prosthetic, all good. Kept up working and doing normal stuff no problems. Around mid-2017 I started having walking balance issues and needed walker to get around. Now I use a chair. I can walk, but not far and I need support. But anyways looking at best ways to on body carry. Drawing 3oclock is a little awkward and 4-430 is a little better. Also been thing cross draw with my belly band and a flat back velcro holster.

Enough of that, as you can see I am from Texas.. Southeast Texas to be exact.

·
Registered
8,454 Posts
Welcome from Utah. Can't say I have experience with your issues, but we have lots of helpful folks here.

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
Hey Ed. Welcome sir. I don’t have anything directly to your question but here is some fodder. I just had back surgery and they sent me home with a walker. I quickly adapted a SafePacker by The Wilderness, located in Phoenix, to the front of the walker. I find that the SafePacker is a flexible design and lends itself to different application, on and off body. I suppose it’s something to look into. Typically I use it for belt carry but it can be used creatively.

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
Welcome from your neck of the woods.

·
Registered
34,034 Posts
Pay no attention to that man behind the mask!...

Welcome from S. FL. Cross draw or a shoulder rig sound like your best options.

Reactions: airslot

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
Pay no attention to that man behind the mask!...

Welcome from S. FL. Cross draw or a shoulder rig sound like your best options.
Ed

While this may be good advice from OldVet, be warned. Never get your hopes up around him and never ever play cards with him.

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
Welcome from Savannah. What Old Vet said.

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
Welcome to the forum, EdTexas, from Arizona. Glad to have you aboard. Sounds like you've had a boat load of things to deal with. Hang in there, sir, and God be with you.

·
Super Moderator
16,185 Posts
Welcome aboard from North Carolina.

·
Premium Member
3,996 Posts
Welcome to the forum, from Magnolia.

·
Premium Member
4,374 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Hi and welcome Ed.

I love carrying with the belly band and also cross carry around the same area, 3-3:30 and find all this comfortable. Sometimes if riding my bike I carry at straight up noon (Belly).

One of the great things about a belly bad, esp the white one’s is that not only do they look like a regular back brace, they do help me with back support! I believe it’s much easier to get by with a belly band sometimes but good to keep your options open.

Glad to have you here and hope you can find what works best for you 😃

1 - 20 of 21 Posts