Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up the other day, couldnt beat the deal on a S&W M&P AR-15X, with the rebate they have for 5 free extra 30 round mags (total 6!)....

Cannot wait to shoot it, and to find a good IWB or OWB holster!:image035:

·
Banned
2,095 Posts
I made a similar purchase two weeks ago. I found a lightly used CAI SAR-1 (Romanian AK) with Russian red dot sight , five mags, and a case for $560.

I have had it to the range twice now. It's as reliable as a hammer and pounds those Wolf 7.62 x 39 mm rounds thru the targets.

Bring on the zombies, baby!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I made a similar purchase two weeks ago. I found a lightly used CAI SAR-1 (Romanian AK) with Russian red dot sight , five mags, and a case for $560.

I have had it to the range twice now. It's as reliable as a hammer and pounds those Wolf 7.62 x 39 mm rounds thru the targets.

Bring on the zombies, baby!
I am pretty excited to go shoot it, as I have never shot an AR and always wanted one.........

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm jealous.
I couldnt pass it up.....spent like $980 all in (brand new) with my FFL transfer for the internet purchase and from I have seen, just too good of a deal to pass up...they go for $1,175 locally, plus tax and background check.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I want one too!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Nice.

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
Congrats on the new 'black evil rifle'...:hand10:

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Picked this up the other day, couldnt beat the deal on a S&W M&P AR-15X, with the rebate they have for 5 free extra 30 round mags (total 6!)....

Cannot wait to shoot it, and to find a good IWB or OWB holster!:image035:

Nice Harley.....I am very jealous.

·
Banned
2,095 Posts
I am pretty excited to go shoot it, as I have never shot an AR and always wanted one.........
Enjoy your new rifle. As a n00b to defensive rifles, I picked a cheapy. Yours is much more upscale.

Give us a range report.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Very Nice. Now get yourself a swiss grip, and ACOG, and some type of awesome reflex sight. I recommend the MARS.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I bought the same AR just a week ago. Haven't shot it as much as I would like, but it is a great shooting gun. I know you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I love the gun good buy!

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
The M&P15 is one of the best values going in the AR market right now!

I had to add the Troy Industries handguards myself as mine did not come with them. I'm kicking myself for not going with the M&P15X like you did but oh well, it's still a fantastic little carbine!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Enjoy your new rifle. As a n00b to defensive rifles, I picked a cheapy. Yours is much more upscale.

Give us a range report.
I was going to get the DoubleStar I saw onBuds...I think$659 deliverd, and this was about $300 more delivered, BUT with 6 30 round mags, a Troy ind quad rail, chrome lined barrel, Troy ind rear flip up sites, AND a hard case, and a "better" name with great online and mag reviews, so I saved a few and thought (at least hope) it was a no brainer.....

Anyway, for what they were going for a few months back and for what they still seem to cost locally, I took the plunge.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I bought the same AR just a week ago. Haven't shot it as much as I would like, but it is a great shooting gun. I know you will not be disappointed.
Did you add any optics? I want to, but I don't have a clue which ones, and don't have much of a budget for any.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Very Nice. Now get yourself a swiss grip, and ACOG, and some type of awesome reflex sight. I recommend the MARS.
Surrrreeeee, the wife will be really happy with me dumping $1000-$1500 right at XMAS!!!!!:blink:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yep, I want one too!
I'd go with the IWB carry. :image035:
Do you think MTac or Crossbread have them in stock!?!?!?!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts