Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my H&K P7 breaking down this weekend it was time for a new EDC. I bought this BHP back in 77 as a graduation present to myself and have babied it over the years. It's had a few upgrades and is a fantastic shooter. Put 150 rounds of Speer GD's through it and it's now riding on my hip in an HBE COM III. I feel good and well armed! :smile:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
That is a good looking combo you have there.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
How did your P7 break?

But a great HP anyway.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Nice full size rig...I can see why you brought it out of the safe.:yup:

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Great looking HP and holster... :yup: Too bad about your HK though...

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How did your P7 break?

But a great HP anyway.
Don't have a clue. When applying pressure to the squeeze cocker it felt much heavier than normal. Took the grips off to see if anything obvious was wrong and didn't see anything glaring at me.

There's too many moving parts inside of it for me to figure it out.

Know a good H&K gunsmith or have any ideas as why the pressure has gone way up?

Gives me an excuse to finally start using the HP. It's a great handling semi and I packed a 1911 for close to 20 years so I'm very familiar with the weapon.

·
Registered
712 Posts
HP's are the most eligant handguns ever built. I have a few. I love their looks.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
After my H&K P7 breaking down this weekend it was time for a new EDC. I bought this BHP back in 77 as a graduation present to myself and have babied it over the years. It's had a few upgrades and is a fantastic shooter. Put 150 rounds of Speer GD's through it and it's now riding on my hip in an HBE COM III. I feel good and well armed! :smile:

When I look at those pics I get sentimental :redface: . I am a huge fan this gun; I love how it looks and how it shoots. I believe that the HP and the 1911 are two of the best firearms ever made; two seniors that still are in top form. Congrats to a beautiful firearm! :congrats:

·
Banned
5,252 Posts
Welcome back to the P-35.

IMHO it is the finest handgun designed and made.

Biker

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Welcome back to the P-35.

IMHO it is the finest handgun designed and made.

Biker
Shhhh ... be careful, do not fall out with the DAO-poly owners in this forum :haha:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No worries. I'm allergic to plastic! Carry an Epi kit in case I accidentily touch it. A Glock almost took me out years ago so I've been very careful to avoid the buggers. :smile:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts