Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, All!

I'm new to the forum, but not to guns, entirely.
I previously owned a terrible little .22 at one point that I carried to/from work for personal defense.
It was unreliable and I quit that job after 8 years and maintained a safer job for a while.
Now (years later, with another new job and simply wanting peace of mind), I found myself wanting a gun again for Home Defense and a CCW.

I'm a woman, and though I carried that 22 in my purse, I'm looking to get into carrying on a regular basis (on body).
I have a relatively dangerous hobby that I pursue alone (photography, abandoned/urban decay, etc.) and this will provide me with the protection that I feel I need.
I'm 5'8" and about 155lbs, average build, so I'll be hitting up that Women's thread looking for similar types of women to see how they prefer to carry and see if they have any tricks of the trade to share. :wink:

My husband just bought me a S&W M&P 9c for my birthday and so far, I love it!
I always have enjoyed shooting guns (handguns and rifles) and we also bowhunt and enjoy target archery, as well.

I'm looking to learn from and enjoy this forum.
I'm not new to gun ownership, but one can always stand to learn something from the experiences of others any day of the week :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
Welcome from the PRM!

Pull up a chair, you will learn a lot here.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Enjoy the forum.................... :wave:

·
Banned
76 Posts
Hi, All!

I'm new to the forum, but not to guns, entirely.
I previously owned a terrible little .22 at one point that I carried to/from work for personal defense.
It was unreliable and I quit that job after 8 years and maintained a safer job for a while.
Now (years later, with another new job and simply wanting peace of mind), I found myself wanting a gun again for Home Defense and a CCW.

I'm a woman, and though I carried that 22 in my purse, I'm looking to get into carrying on a regular basis (on body).
I have a relatively dangerous hobby that I pursue alone (photography, abandoned/urban decay, etc.) and this will provide me with the protection that I feel I need.
I'm 5'8" and about 155lbs, average build, so I'll be hitting up that Women's thread looking for similar types of women to see how they prefer to carry and see if they have any tricks of the trade to share. :wink:

My husband just bought me a S&W M&P 9c for my birthday and so far, I love it!
I always have enjoyed shooting guns (handguns and rifles) and we also bowhunt and enjoy target archery, as well.

I'm looking to learn from and enjoy this forum.
I'm not new to gun ownership, but one can always stand to learn something from the experiences of others any day of the week :wink:

These three autos (conceal carry all) are all .32 Autos. PP, PPK, PPKS

In concealed carry I prefer any one of these. I know the .32 is stronger than the .22 and not as strong as the .380 but I think a .32 is a perfect concealed weapon for men or women. It's shot placement in a handgun that makes the difference--not power.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Welcome from Ohio! Wink^2, I have the 9c and love it too! I have both, the 9c and the shield. The only difference, I feel, is you can carry more rounds in the 9c lol

·
Super Moderator
50,611 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret :31:

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Great hobby, try to go on line an find photo clubs in your area. Much safer an fun to go with other people share experiences. If you cant find a photo club try astronomy clubs they go out at night in a group to observe the planets an stars we had a couple of photogs that came out with us an wandered around taking pics we all kind of looked after each other. We all carried. My wife is 110 lbs an loves her .642 S&W .38 revolver easy to conceal very effective.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Welcome from PA!

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Howdy from Ohio...good to have you in the house!

·
Premium Member
24,512 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.

·
Registered
9,342 Posts
Greetings from Richmond/Rosenberg, TX

·
Registered
11,430 Posts
Welcome Aboard and Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Welcome from Irwin PA. I think you will find this place is a great place to get some great info.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin!

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts