Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just this week got in my K&D paddle holster for my CZ 75BD. I already have a Laredo for this pistol which is my preferred carry method. But I had noticed that certain pants, especially tactical pants, did not really have the right belt loop spacing or arrangement to allow the Laredo to be located exactly where I wanted it. It wasn't a common problem, but since I only wear Dockers for work and tac pants for around the house and casual it was a bother. So I decided that for the few pair of pants with the problem and any future ones that might share it, I needed a different holster. Since 1) I don't like belt holsters, 2) a slide on belt holster might encounter the same problem, and 3) a paddle holster can be located without regard to belt loops; I determined to get a paddle holster.

I have had paddle holsters before and they have worked well. They were not as comfortable nor as secure as the Laredo, but they did the job. I can honestly say that this new holster is the best paddle holster I have ever had. The holster is very secure and extremely comfortable. The cant is infinitely adjustable and adjusting it doesn't raise or lower the holster like some I have had. I am very pleased with this holster. I have worn it for the last two days and it is as close to perfect as I can imagine a paddle holster being.

Below are some photos. I am not a photographer and on top of that I made the mistake of using a light green back ground that ended up showing up as yellow when photographed from certain angles. So forgive the strange background and concentrate on the holster. :yup:

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Looks real nice. I like good paddles.

·
Super Moderator
19,006 Posts
Looks good.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Looks very nice. Does it ride nice and tight to the body? Thats the only complaint I have about my paddles.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Looks great dr_cmg. I am glad that Kevin is back up and running!

Ron

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Nice looking leather...can you count on it not coming out with the gun?
I have considered a paddle holster for my Glock, but I picture the holster coming out during a stressful draw.:ticking:

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks very nice. Does it ride nice and tight to the body? Thats the only complaint I have about my paddles.
That is one of the the things I like most about it. I can tell very little difference between how it rides and how my Laredo rides. The only significant difference is that he end of the barrel end of the holster rides maybe 1/2 to 3/4" further out than the Laredo. For me that is not noticable unless I pull my shirt tight against it.

Nice looking leather...can you count on it not coming out with the gun?
I have considered a paddle holster for my Glock, but I picture the holster coming out during a stressful draw.:ticking:
Ret, the wings that appear on the paddle in the pictures actually angle out from the paddle at about a 45 degree angle so that when you pull up on the pistol they hold on to the fabric of the pants. The part of the paddle that crosses the belt is snug as well which keeps it secure. In fact I have to stretch the opening for it to go all the way down on the belt and pants. I'll see if I can get some photos this weekend to show how well it stays in place. I have practiced drawing from it a number of times over the past couple of days and it just never moves.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I've had concerns about paddles (Fobus, I'm looking at you...) as they have a reputation for coming out of the pants with the gun, or even being more susceptible to removal by BGs.

However, this site has given me some assurance that their are good designs out there. Blackhawk makes a good one with the SERPA, for instance.

Great looking leather! I like the prominent "wings".

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Sounds good. I wouldn't mind having a nice looking leather paddle.

retsupt99, Comp-Tac's paddles don't budge. Best I've used.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I'm not crazy about the extra "flap" of leather behind the pistol, I'd have to assume the there is part of a kydex flap that helps with function. Other than that looks great!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts