Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
Beautiful!

I've been bad about babying a pretty gun too. Although I've come to decide that some holster wear is a beautiful thing unto itself. :yup:

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Congrats on the Kimber! They are truly fine handguns and the Pro Carry II is one of my favorites. Like most folks I have babied my "pet pistols" but came to understand that their function is the beauty of them all by itself. That's not to say I don't continue to baby them even if I use them for their intended purpose of being a CC sidearm. The gnawing of carrying such a superb handgun for defensive purposes will eventually get to you I am sure! When it gets to me my "pet pistols" then become my "old friends" and go with me everywhere in their respective holsters. ENJOY!

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
An idea that might work is to put a small scratch on it. Then the new will have worn off & it'll be easier to carry it, lol.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
An idea that might work is to put a small scratch on it. Then the new will have worn off & it'll be easier to carry it, lol.
Agreed. Just bought a new Kimber today and I already have a small scratch on it from my kydex holster. Oh well, it was pricey, but I bought it to be used. They look better with some character. But I know the feeling, given the choice I'd rather bounce my Glock across the pavement than my Kimbers (of course, I don't make a habit of skipping guns across concrete)

Reactions: Ranger45

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have a stainless pro carry and I love it. Great shooters

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's a nice looking gun you've got there! I'm really leaning towards a Pro Carry II for my next gun. I carry a Glock 23 right now, but really want to add this gun to my collection.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Love my pro carry ii but it looks 20 yrs old and it's only 2 :( finish on it sucks! But it has never failed me :) soooo... It ain't gots ta b purdy.... ;)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Congrats on the new Kimber! They are awesome 1911's! I carried my Kimber TLE II for the first two years I had my CCW. It shows that wear, but I'm proud of it!

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I went to the range today and my new Kimber ran just fine. Rapid fire, slow fire I had 2" groups at 30 feet. Not to bad for an old man...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts