Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering around kimbers site tonight and noticed they have a new line up to offer folks who are interested in the "laser" interest! I really like how they finally recessed the slide stop pin so the laser beam can clear it.

Heres the link if any one is curious Kimber - Continuing The Legacy

·
Super Moderator
50,584 Posts
No lasers for me, but I love my Kimbers.:yup:

·
Registered
668 Posts
I have had mixed luck with a Kimber - and a buddy I know had 3 of them (even a Series I), and none would work reliably with JHP.

I almost bought a SIS model last month, but got an MC Operator instead (Springfield).

Kimbers can be a crap shoot sometimes....

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
The "wood" and "carbon fiber" Crimson Trace grips are both actually printed plastic and look quite cheap in person.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
The "wood" and "carbon fiber" Crimson Trace grips are both actually printed plastic and look quite cheap in person.
Thanks for the input.

Yuck, that's sounds terrible looking. I knew they had some plastic 'rosewood look alike' grips before but thought maybe they improved them in this offering. That's a good way to ruin an otherwise good looking pistol.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think it is a beautiful gun. And I love my Ultra Carry with the "cheap" lasergrips.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
I'm glad you like your Ultra. Got any closeup photos of those grips?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I looked at a Kimber Covert because of the set up that already included the Crimson Lasers and b/c I love 1911's, but decided against it after reading some reliablilty issues towards Kimber over at M1911.org

1 - 11 of 11 Posts