Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the wife let me get a new knife with it being christmas and what not so today I finally made up my mind and picked up a SOG Trident Tanto from Dicks for $59. About a year ago I almost bought this knife but went with the desert cruiser from crkt. Let's just say that this SOG blows this knife out of the water. First off it is a lot lighter and for edc that makes a big difference to me. Assisted opening is nice for one handed operation. So far great knife. Very impressed with SOG.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have a SOG Flash II and I love it.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Congratulations on the knife. I too own several SOGs.

I'm assuming that you are stationed at Ft Rucker. Couldn't you buy it at the PX? I see that aafes.com has it for $49 (no tax and free s/h).

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have a SOG Flash II and I love it.
Ditto. The only thing i dont like is its a bit big and takes up some space in the pocket especially when digging for keys or something. The "flick" effect is awesome though, havent found a knife i like better in this regard.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I am on mother rucker. The px had a partial serrated blade. I didn't want that my next knife. And half the time they are out anyway. The base here is a little slow to other places I have been stationed.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I'll have to check it out. I'm looking for a knife also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts