Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I posted a few days ago about questions I had about the M&P 9mm sub-compact for the wife, and after many responses from the forum singing it's praises, I sprung for one last night. I looked at 2 9mm XD's, 1 was blue for $499 and 1 was stainless for $599. I also looked at 2 G26's 1 used with night sigts for $429 and 1 new one for $549 w/o night sights. I then looked at the M&P, which they had on sale for $539. I liked all the guns really well, and had a tough time making a decision but went with the M&P. One deciding factor was the changable grips, which I thougt might fit her hand better. I really liked the XD in stainless except for the price, and it being a little blocky. I thought the M&P had a resonable price and like I said it got great reviews from you guys. So in the end I hope she likes it, find out tomorrow night. Thanks and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!:santaclaus:

·
Registered
859 Posts
Lucky lady! She will love your gift of gun.

Of the handguns your researched for your wife, the M&P is the one that will most likely fit her. The M&P already has the most natural feel to it and is only made better by personalizing it with the best fitting back strap.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Very nice xmas gift indeed! I was really torn between the M&P sc and the XD sc. I finally went with the XD as it shot a little better for me and better availabilty around here too. Good luck!

Mike

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Wow somebody was trying to rip you on the Glocks...

·
Registered
657 Posts
Wow somebody was trying to rip you on the Glocks...
You think that's bad? Someone tried to charge him $600 bucks for a $250 Croatian gun just because it had a stainless slide and a slick marketing campaign!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Seriously, congrats on the M&P, it's my favorite of the ones you looked at.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
yeah forgot the Croatian 2x4 with a trigger....The M&P is a very nice gun, just started in polymer with Glock, and its where I think everyone should stay. LOL

·
Premium Member
3,019 Posts
She will love the M&P. Good choice.

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
You think that's bad? Someone tried to charge him $600 bucks for a $250 Croatian gun just because it had a stainless slide and a slick marketing campaign!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Seriously, congrats on the M&P, it's my favorite of the ones you looked at.
What HE^^^^^said^^^^^
(funny!)
Have three M&P s In the family, Me, brother & nephew, & we all love them!! GOOD choice

Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." St. Augustine

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Hey I have an XD..... paid 3 bills for it but still!

She will love the M&P its a sexy gun

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Hey I have an XD..... paid 3 bills for it but still!

She will love the M&P its a sexy gun

And there isn't a handgun that's not sexy????:confused:

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
And there isn't a handgun that's not sexy????:confused:
I dunno.... there are some ugly guns out there.... Just saying the M&P has the curves to please the eye as well as fit the hand.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Great choice. The M&P is a superb gift.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
A pistol for your better half for Christmas. Nothing says you love her better than that IMO. Good man!

Wish I would have come across one of those G26 deals. Waiting on my GSSF voucher so I can get my wife her G26 at LE pricing. Brand new $432 tax included. It's worth the wait. Limited to non-existent supply on the G26 in our area right now and what there is new goes average $545 out the door. My yearly membership in GSSF will net us at least a $100 savings on the Glock.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys, I let her open it tonight and I think she really liked it. The wife said she could not wait to shoot it. Good choice after all, I had second thoughts about buying it for her as a gift. Now I am glad I got it.
Merry Christmas to all of you.:santaclaus:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts