Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Just got a little take-down 22, I like it! =) With a scope, I'm able to adjust elevation and get it exactly on. But, the iron sights hit about 2 inches high at 15 yards, even with the rear sight adjusted aaaaaall the way down:

lowest setting.png

Am I holding my sight picture wrong? I am holding it like this:

sights.png

Thanks!! =)

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Try some different ammo.

·
Super Moderator
19,379 Posts
That's an excellent question!

My Ruger 10/22s and Browning BL22 have similar sights. I found you need to bury that front bead in the bottom of the rear notch to center your shots. Give that a try, and I bet you'll be moving the sight elevator up a step or two.

I think a lot of seasoned shooters do as you did, which is to hold the bead level with the top of the notch, but apparently the sight designers had a different idea a hundred years ago.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's an excellent question!

My Ruger 10/22s and Browning BL22 have similar sights. I found you need to bury that front bead in the bottom of the rear notch to center your shots. Give that a try, and I bet you'll be moving the sight elevator up a step or two.

I think a lot of seasoned shooters do as you did, which is to hold the bead level with the top of the notch, but apparently the sight designers had a different idea a hundred years ago.
Nice! Good to know I'm not crazy. Hmmm. I'm a little worried I won't be able to see enough of the front sight if I do that, but I'll need to try it, I bet it still works fine. Thanks!

sights-deeper.png

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
The papoose is one of my all time favorite .22's. Congratulations on picking one up. Can you post a shot of your scope on top or maybe the whole rig? Now you just need to suppress it. :yup:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The papoose is one of my all time favorite .22's. Congratulations on picking one up. Can you post a shot of your scope on top or maybe the whole rig? Now you just need to suppress it. :yup:
Cool! I've heard good things about them, yeah :danceban: Suppressed might be out of my pay grade, maybe just 22-quiets =)

Thanks for asking - Just a cheep little scope, nothing fancy

IMG_2176.jpg down scope.png

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Cool! I've heard good things about them, yeah :danceban: Suppressed might be out of my pay grade, maybe just 22-quiets =)

Thanks for asking - Just a cheep little scope, nothing fancy

View attachment 146506 View attachment 146530
Thank you for the pictures, nice set up.

Check out this Tac 65 suppressor. Then $200 tax and $75 for threading the barrel. So about $500 and you can use the suppressor on any .22 including a handgun.

TAC65 .22LR SUPPRESSOR Excellent Suppression, Easy To Clean by:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts