Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all from the Heart of Dixie! :wave: My name is Tim and I am 44 years old. I have a congenital heart condition that is the cause of my disability. I have enjoyed guns and hunting/fishing for as long as I can remember. I look forward to getting to know you all here! Now I am going to take a look around, so I will talk to you all later on!

CrimsonTide

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
Welcome

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Tim - welcome to the CC forums - hope you'll enjoy a browse thru what is in effect (I hope) a mine of info.

See ya around! :wink:

·
Registered
269 Posts
CrimsonTide said:
Greetings to all from the Heart of Dixie! :wave:
CrimsonTide
How about Tide football this year, huh? Awesome!
I would've liked to beat Auburn, but I guess we can't have it all!:tongue:
What part of Alabama are you from?
I grew up in a little town called Ohatchee, between Anniston and Gadsden. I call Northwest Florida home now.
Welcome to the forum. :smile:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Welcome and a generous RTR!! to you. Be careful about what you say about the Tide, Chiefs-Special-Guy works for Auburn:image035:

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Welcome:wave:

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Welcome neighbor ! :wave:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

A little more about myself: I am from LA too. Greenville to be specific. I got married this past Nov. My wife is from the Atlanta area, so Georgia is kinda like a second home now. She is a city girl but not against shooting or hunting. (She doesn't have a desire to hunt, but does want to learn to shoot!)

I have lots of friends that are Auburn fans, so I pull for Auburn when they are not playing Bama. Well, sometimes anyway! I do not take it to the extreme like some do. Friendships are far more important than that.

Right now, most of my handguns are revolvers. I have two 38's that are my CC guns and a stainless 4" Ruger GP100. My carry guns are a 3" stainless Taurus 85 (pre-internal lock) and a 2" S&W Model 10. I have been carrying concealed for 23 years. I have never had any close calls and am thankful for that. But, there have been a few times that I felt really good to have my gun on me and a few times that I wished I did when I wasn't carrying.

I have looked around a little here and am pleased with this site! There are tons of helpful info here. I am sorta looking to get another auto soon, so I am doing some research now.

Once again, thanks for the warm welcome and I hope to become friends with you all!

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Roooooolllll TIDE ROLL!

CrimsonTide said:
Greetings to all from the Heart of Dixie! :wave: My name is Tim and I am 44 years old. I have a congenital heart condition that is the cause of my disability. I have enjoyed guns and hunting/fishing for as long as I can remember. I look forward to getting to know you all here! Now I am going to take a look around, so I will talk to you all later on!

CrimsonTide
As a 1980 GRADUATE of the University of Alabama, I say WELCOME!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Welcome Tim,

I was born and raised in Bessemer. I sure miss Alabama sometimes...but you'll like this forum though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I thought I'd jump in here...welcome...even though you're a bammer.

chief special, what do you do for Auburn? I lived there for the past 10 years, before moving to the Ham about 9 months ago.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I spent many a day over there in the Lowder building. I had an econ prof by the name of Anderson...I believe his first name was Bill, but I'm not sure. This would have been somehwere around '98 or '99. SPent most of my time at the Forestry building though (not the new one, unfortunately).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.