Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I'm from rural Illinois, and I've lurked (enviously) around here a now and then, but never joined since IL denies it's citizens their right to carry. However, with the upcoming Supreme court cases, I'm hopeful that may have to change eventually, so I figured I'd sign up to learn a little more about CC in case I am actually able to get a permit one day. I'm a staunch supporter of the RKBA, and self defense. I am also a (non-traditional) student at NIU, and the recent shooting there only solidified my conviction that individuals should be able to have the means to protect themselves and others.

I have quite a few interests (mostly vehicles and the outdoors), but in terms of firearms, I'm an avid shotgunner, and also enjoy rifle shooting. I have taken a pistol training class for LE students (Conservation LE), and passed the Maine State Police pistol qualification with a score of 49/50 (derned flyer... :rant: ). However, compared to probably 90% of the people here I'm still pretty new to the world of handguns, and completely inexperienced in terms of CC, so I'm here to learn. It looks like a great forum you have here.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
welcome from the panhandle of Texas

·
Banned
13,685 Posts

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret :31:

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
:bier: from GA.

Fingers crossed for you and other IL residents. :hand10:

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Welcome aboard from NE New Jersey... where we're also prohibited from CCing.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
:wave: Hi and welcome from Fort Worth TX!

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Welcome from Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!!!

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Wild & wonderful welcome from West Virginia.

My wife is from Springfield, IL.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Welcome! I used to live in IL. I crossed the river to MO this year.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.