Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Welcome from the south, OK! I recently purchased a Springfield XDs 9mm 3.3. It comes in a few different color options. It is my EDC. Concealable, comfortable and reliable.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry :wave: The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I would call around and try to find somewhere that would let you rent a few guns while at the range. One of the employees there would be better able to help you find something that fits you and you would feel comfortable shooting.
I have my LTC class A in Massachusetts and wanted to know what is a good gun to carry?? Any thought??

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Howdy from TEXAS, where the west begins. Welcome to the forum.
Glad you could join us. Pull up a chair and sit a spell.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin!

·
Super Moderator
50,612 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

RET :31:

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin! I carry the M&P40C. In sweatshirt & jacket weather I carry it with a full size 15 round mag or a full size M&P40 pistol.

·
Registered
10,163 Posts
That is the pre ban permit yeah? I would check the list of what guns your allowed to have with "hi caps"

I think you cant get most Glock there yeah unless a pre ban or a brought into state gun

The pre ban guns I would go for is a sig 228 as there are a lot of mags for it that are pre ban and not that pricy for them

Or many of the s&w guns like the 69 are pre ban ditto I think the USP and the like

If you do a XD pistol I want to say the 92 mags can be modeed to work with them if you want pre ban over 10 mags

·
Super Moderator
20,167 Posts
Welcome from AZ! Long-time New Englander and part-time Cape Coddah here. My condolences on putting up with the abusive MA laws, but you get extra credit for getting your Class A.

What have you shot, what do you like so far, how do you intend to carry the piece, and what's your budget? Answers to these can help us make good suggestions for you, but of course the choice is ultimately up to you.

Reactions: AzQkr

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Welcome from the Lone Star State. Check your local ranges, some rent a variety for just the purpose of try before ya' buy. My first handgun, A Bersa Thunder 380 was done in that manner.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts