Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to the forum-I'm retired from NYPD(was a firearms Instructor among other assignments)currently a certified NRA Instructor and I like to handgun hunt. I read more than post as everyone seems to have the same ideas- currently looking for employment in PA or NC

·
Registered
563 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Handgun hunting eh? I’ve considered that lately. Sounds like fun.

So, what do you use for a hunting pistol, & why?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I hunted in Dutchess Co it was shotgun only. Think back 20 years to the equipment that was available. A handgun was easy to carry and was more accurate than the shotgun w/slugs of the day.I have used TCs and 44 mag revolver

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome Chris, I've hunted a few times with a 44 mag, never bagged anything with it though I'd love to take a whitetail with a handgun someday. Anyway welcome, not been here long myself but have found this board to be friendly and informative.:smile:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Welcome Chris :smilez: - from another Chris!

Handgun hunting eh - my choice there is based on either BFR in 45-70 or .454 SRH - both great tools for the job.

Reading is fine - but joining in too is well appreciated, even if it is only now and again.

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :smile:

·
Super Moderator
25,537 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I grew up in Washington Heights.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Welcome - :smilez:

·
Registered
862 Posts
Welcome Chris

I grew up in Lewis Co., then moved to Syracuse.

Ive hunted with my Contender (.30-30), but never got any Whitetail or Bear with it.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Welcome from a former NYer.
Don't let Florida drop off your list. Specfically the west coast and the panhandle.

AFS

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.