Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the form and thought I'd introduce myself, I'm 27 and a little new to hand guns and that's how I ran across this form.

So while I'm at it and for the whole reason I ended up on this place I was doing some research on a couple of hand guns and one that caught my eye because of the price was the Hi-point .45. The main use for this gun would be home defense and also to carry while I'm hunting so thought I'd ask what might be some people's options on this gun?

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
Welcome from Skagit County WA. Sorry, I know squat about Hi Point 45s.

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Welcome from Southwest Florida.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Howdy from Ohio...good to have you in the house!

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret :31:

·
Registered
7,974 Posts
Welcome from South Carolina...

·
Premium Member
24,512 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome from Michigan!

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
Welcome Aboard and Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee

·
Registered
978 Posts
Hello, Thomas, and welcome from Missouri to a great forum. Good people and info here!

Since you are new to this handgun, self defense arena, definitely practice, practice, PRACTICE. And, consider taking some good self defense handgun classes. I also recommend you check out the many free YouTube videos made by Massad Ayoob, a world-class instructor in handgun use and self defense, who has recorded training sessions in Judicious Use of Force, Shoot to Live, Home Invasion, Preparation for Home Defense, and What to Do After a Shooting. Just Google his name and these topics and the YouTubes should show up. Very good instructional information from an expert, and free.

Here is a very good technical review of self defense ammo, when you want to consider this:
Best Choices for Self Defense Ammo

This is an informative review by a doctor of different gunshot wounds effects; we all need to be aware of this real-life information:
Doctor Talks About Gunshot Wounds

Take care, and best wishes to you and yours!

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry :wave: The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.

·
Registered
11,671 Posts
Welcome from Delaware!

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Welcome from the Midwest!
Hi Points don't have the best reputation among serious firearm folks.
The metal they use is of very poor quality.
But at least you have something with which to defend your home.
There are Hi-point threads here. Check them out.
Really good to have you aboard.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts