Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

I've come across this forum several times while searching for info on this & that and always found the posts very helpful and filled with good information. So I thought I'd join in and try to contribute.

A little bit about me: I retired a year ago after a 40 year career in advertising but still do some contract work for the industry now and then. We live in a rural area of N Tx on 3 acres and have a couple of Labs to help keep watch on things. Having been a long time collector and shooter, as well as a reloader, I've had experience with a variety of firearms ranging from black powder to modern, revolvers, semi-autos, as well as Class 3. My first CHL class was taken in the 90's when it was first offered here in Texas. Today my EDC is an M&P Shield/Sparks VM2. I also sometimes use a Detective Special/Alessi Guardian when weather is cooler. And on the motorcycle, a Lasermaxed P226 in a waste-pack. My holster 'drawer' is pretty full, like most who engage in this sport. Anyway, thanks for having me-I hope to be able to contribute something of value when appropriate.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Welcome from GA, sounds like I could learn a lot from you!

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin!

My 3 Black Labs are my first level of warning, LOL.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Welcome from GA.

·
Premium Member
4,620 Posts
Welcome to the forum, from Magnolia.

·
Super Moderator
50,584 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

RET :31:

·
Registered
995 Posts
Welcome from the Thriving Metropolis of Rhome TX. Population 1522!

Another Rural Rancher.

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Hi MB53! Welcome to the forum from a fellow Texian. This is a great place to learn and to share! I carry a 3rd Gen Glock 30 SF. Congrats on deciding to learn more about defensive carry and firearms and making the decision to protect yourself and your loved ones.

I'm glad you're here.

...And on the motorcycle, a Lasermaxed P226 in a waste-pack...
Doesn't that get messy!?! :danceban:

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi MB53! Welcome to the forum from a fellow Texian. This is a great place to learn and to share! I carry a 3rd Gen Glock 30 SF. Congrats on deciding to learn more about defensive carry and firearms and making the decision to protect yourself and your loved ones.

I'm glad you're here.

Quote Originally Posted by MB53 View Post
...And on the motorcycle, a Lasermaxed P226 in a waste-pack...

Doesn't that get messy!?! :danceban:
lol...yes, but I have to have somewhere to stash my buggered up sneeze rags while riding...don't want to litter!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the mountains of North Carolina :wave:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts