Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
69 year old AF vet, still working in KY, moving to FL in 60 days. Just rcvd CC permit, carry my old Colt Officers mostly. Glad to find you guys, will keep checking daily, if anything you need in KY, let MangoJoe know.

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
Hi Joe, well wannda know, you made it to the Forum! WELCOME, and thank you for your sevice to our Country. We're lookin forward to your postings and replys.
Now, bring that Knob Creek Shoot up to NH. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Joe, welcome along :smile:

You must have a wealth of experience and ideas - do chip in whenever the mood takes you.

·
Registered
118 Posts
You otta stay here in ol' Kaintuck !! but welcome to the forum and I guess KY's loss will be Fl's gain . Good Luck from Ashland,Ky

·
Registered
540 Posts
Welcome Joe,
I know you'll like it here.
Good job on going to Florida. Warm, sunny, just watch out for those big windbags

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Welcome, Mango, Um! did you say Colt? :biggrin: I'm loven this!

Ti.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the welcomes. Haven't gone digital pix yet, will get one and post ASAP. Some comments please. I am thinking of having a custom carry holster, a Max Protect 32 made by Horsehoe Leather in Ripon UK. Not as interested in fast draw as I am with safe and comfortable carry. Any other suggestions? Currently use a Yaqui open, good hold but looks scary when anyone sees my weapon. Also in Florida, is my KY CCP ok or should I real quick qualify down there too? Thanks.
MangoJoe

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I'd go for FL CCW anyways Joe - it is good for approx 26 states IIRC. I got mine earlier this year (non-res of course). Check packing.org re reciprocity with KY and FL.

Not sure re holster - there are so many options one way and another. And, haven't checked to see exactly what that one is you refer to.

I can say tho Andy Aratoonian's (spl) stuff (Horseshoe) is top class. I met him once or twice when I was shooting comps in UK, back in 80's I think it was. I have a rig of his kindly given to me by a board member on another forum - which holds my BHP beautifully and can be seen in this pic -

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Sorry my welcome took so long, I have been working long hours lately. We're glad to have ya! :smile:

·
Registered
726 Posts
Welcome Joe. Where are you moving to in Florida? Welcome to the Sunshine State. Great place for CCW.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.