Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - I joined on February 23 but this is my first post. 63 years young and retired as of 12/31/05. Live in Milwaukee WI. with my bride of 39 years. One son, married, and two grandkids, one boy 10 and one girl 8. I've also have a cottage on a lake up in the northern part of the state, Gods country, in the Nicolet National Forest. I love to hunt, fish and do some shooting, although not very good at it. I own several shotguns, 22 cal. and 30-30 rifles, a beautiful 8-3/8" Colt Python that I've got setup with a 2x scope that's taken many deer over the years, and a Military Hi Standard 22 pistol. In the past I've also had a FFL and bought and sold many new and used firearms, but gave that up back in the early 90's. I decided to finally post today because I just received my latest gun and it's another beauty, a Detonics USA CombatMaster in 45 auto. I'll be shooting it sometime next week and will do a range report with updates in the future.... Bob

·
Super Moderator
23,557 Posts
Welcome Bob! From N. Texas myself. I appreciate the information laden introduction too. A lot of folks here will be interested in your hunting, as well as your collection. We also have a lot of folks from Wisconsin to, so they'll be jumping in too, I'm sure.

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
Welcome!

What Took You So Long? :biggrin2:
Glad that you've started posting.:wave:
We are always interested in what our members have to say.
An healthy infusion of "fresh stuff" is always welcome here.

YES, Please do a range report and a personal evaluation of your DETONICS~U.S.A. Pistol. That would be great. I sure would be interested in reading that & others here also.

In the meanwhile...any of your thoughts and opinions can be freely presented on any forum topic.
Thanks for deciding to go "ACTIVE" :yup:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Hi Bob - welcome :smilez:

Yep - nice intro. I am but 2 years your junior :wink: One or two other Detonics folks here so you'll have some company - be interested in your first impressions.

·
Super Moderator
25,533 Posts
Welcome, it's about time.

And congrats on the new pistol.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Welcome to the forum - :smilez:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Welcome. Based on that introduction, you sound like a pretty shady character...:hand10:
Actually, you sound like someone I would like to go fishing with.
A warning- do not fall for the 1911 guys, and the auto-gizmo folks! Let's hear about the python!
God Bless

·
Registered
540 Posts
welcome to the group

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Welcome to the family. I use the word family intentionally. After a few days and a few posts it begins to feel like a family. We help each other. Sometimes we argue with each other - politely of course. But at the end of the day we continue to care for each other and be interested in each other. Join in anytime.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
welcome from a neigbor east of ya, across the lake.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

I grew up in Wisconsin, both in LaCrosse and "up north" in Hayward, and went to school in Ripon.

Great group of folks on here. I know we've all got our fingers crossed for WI to pass the CCW bill.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.