Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to introduce myself. I love my new SR9C and was wondering the best holsters for it. I'm also looking for an inexpensive flashlight/laser combo that does not interfere to much with concealing. Any links?
Thank you

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry :wave: The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Welcome to DC! As far as holsters...take your pick. The SR9c is a popular pistol so you can get pretty much any holster you want although it will be harder if you want the light/laser option. I have a SR9c and it is a fine gun. I don't run any lights or lasers with it so I have no advice for you there.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Howdy from Ohio...good to have you in the house!

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
Welcome from Delaware! Look at the Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro, you can use it IWB or OWB in many different variations. Click on the customized holsters, the Trooper is mine.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin! If you're going to hang a laser or light from your gun your holster choices are limited. You'll need to find one that will accommodate it.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Welcome aboard from NW Wisconsin!

I have an SR9c and really like it a lot. One possibility is to make your own leather holster. There is a nice tutorial a guy made up on making holsters. Of course, the first few you make may not be gorgeous, but to me, as long as they work well, I don't mind too much. I've made a couple so far. I need to make one for my 9c with laser and one for my Sig SP2022 as I haven't found one yet to fit the Sig at any gun shows/gun shops.

OWB Holster

I get my leather pieces at Springfield Leather. I buy an 18" X 18" piece of their Hermann Oak 9-10 Ounce leather as it is thick enough to keep the holster open for easy one-handed reholstering on OWB holsters I make. This size is enough to make about 3 holsters for SR9c sized guns with some leftovers you can use to make an iPod case or something...

Piece,Hermann Oak9/10oz,12"x24 - Springfield Leather Co. Inc.

I hand sew mine and use the "Hand Stitching-Using 2 Needles" method as shown at Leathercraft ABC's-Pg 4 - Tandy Leather Factory I pre-drill the thread holes on my drill press with 1/16" drill bit.

Here's my latest creation (and yes, that's an SR9c in it):

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts
Just wanted to introduce myself. I love my new SR9C and was wondering the best holsters for it. I'm also looking for an inexpensive flashlight/laser combo that does not interfere to much with concealing. Any links?
Thank you
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas.

We will first need to know how you plan on carrying.

If you are looking for a quality IWB holster you should check out the MaxTuck from White Hat Holsters White Hat Holsters... gun gear for the GOOD guys! They have an excellent interchangeable kydex system which enables you to quickly and easily change out the kydex when you switch your carry gun.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Welcome from PA. This is a great place with lots of info and nice people. Happy shooting.

·
Super Moderator
50,612 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret :31:

·
Registered
11,430 Posts
Welcome Aboard and Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
Nice choice, I'm very happy with my Sr9c. I may want to change out the sights for night sights at some point but thats about it. My new IWB holster from Tueller delivered yesterday, have not tested it yet but looks to be good quality. With the accessories you own you might need to consider a custom Holster or make your own.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.