Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a lightly used SIG P239 chambered in .40s&w last Friday, it came with one extra magazine and Hogue Pau ferro wood grips (as well as the factory original grips). I ordered a UBG Canute and a IWB mag holder from Nate yesterday.:smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
That's a really nice looking gun! Love how Sigs look and although I've never shot one looks like they'd be light/smooth shooters.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Very Nice...Congrats on the new pistola...:congrats: Sigs are impressive...

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very Nice...Congrats on the new pistola...:congrats: Sigs are impressive...
I love them, I bought a CPO P226 about a year and a half ago, which I like a lot, but wanted one more compact for carry, although I can conceal the P226 fairly well IWB with out any problem.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Picked up a lightly used SIG P239 chambered in .40s&w last Friday, it came with one extra magazine and Hogue Pau ferro wood grips (as well as the factory original grips). I ordered a UBG Canute and a IWB mag holder from Nate yesterday.:smile:
If I can be so forward as to ask what was the price range? I am looking for a single stack 40 right now and I guess that really leaves it to the SIG, a Kahr (I own a PM9 now and like it) or maybe a S&W Chiefs Special.

I do like the looks of the SIG very much, yours is really sharp with those grips.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Congratulations. Excellent choice.

Hoss

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
Congrats on the new pistola, gotta' love those wooden grips...:yup::danceban:

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If I can be so forward as to ask what was the price range? I am looking for a single stack 40 right now and I guess that really leaves it to the SIG, a Kahr (I own a PM9 now and like it) or maybe a S&W Chiefs Special.

I do like the looks of the SIG very much, yours is really sharp with those grips.
I traded my XD sub-compact .40s&w and $250.00 plus tax for the SIG, which the shop had listed for $629.00, I actually went in to order a new one, and saw this one in the case, lucky day for me! Guns America had a CPO P239 for about the same price a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Lucky! After I get my P226 I am getting one of those.
Hoping to see more pics/range report on this baby soon!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I love sigs. I've been considering getting a 239 just to see how carrying a thinner gun compares to the 229. Nice weapon...congrats :)

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I traded my XD sub-compact .40s&w and $250.00 plus tax for the SIG, which the shop had listed for $629.00, I actually went in to order a new one, and saw this one in the case, lucky day for me! Guns America had a CPO P239 for about the same price a couple weeks ago.
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. Certainly seems like a good price from what I have seen. I had a XD9, full size, and sold it to a buddy of mine.....I never truly liked the trigger compared to my Kahr or Glocks, even though a lot of people think the trigger is the same as Glocks, I didnt. Also, I always forgot to depress the grip safety when racking the slide open and it annoyed me! :blink:

Again, enjoy the SIG, I think it will be my next in the same caliber.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
P239 conceals well

I love sigs. I've been considering getting a 239 just to see how carrying a thinner gun compares to the 229. Nice weapon...congrats :)
I have both the P229 and the P239. The P239 is definitely thinner in slide and grip, and quite a bit easier to conceal.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Damn you Pogo and youu excellent pictures! :smile:

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have both the P229 and the P239. The P239 is definitely thinner in slide and grip, and quite a bit easier to conceal.

I agree, I carried it all week, was much thinner and more comfortable than the XDsc it replaced, even though the holster wasn't made for it, and the single stack mag slipped into my weak side front pocket and never gave it a second thought. Nice pic Pogo!:hand10:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I have a 239 in 40 cal. also; it is quite accurate. I recently bought a 9mm Bar-Sto conversion barrel, and now it is a tack driver! It's nice to be able to switch calibers in 30 seconds' time!

·
Registered
5,296 Posts

Geez, Pogo.

Are there any Sigs that you don't own?

I'm just kidding.

Actually, I've extremely jealous.:smoke23:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts