Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Well, I stopped by my local shop/range today and they had a great lookin' 442 in the case. Just what I was looking for! So I ask the salesperson I had been working with to ring it up. She mentions she still has one in a box in the back that hasn't been handled, so I obviously ask her to bring it out. Well, she does and.....it has NO INTERNAL LOCK! PERFECT! Well, I am excited.

I bought the gun without telling my wife. I show it to her when I get home and she really likes it. She doesn't carry as she doesn't feel comfortable handling firearms yet. However, this is the first gun she actually asked to be taken to the range to shoot. I explained to her that if she still likes it after the range, she should take a class with it. She is also comforted to know that this will be her "bump-in-night" gun, as I will clear the house with the P228.

Well, I am excited to add this to my EDC as back up mostly, and sometimes main when the 228 just can't come along.

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
Nice looking wheel-gun. That 442 should get the job done.

Congratulations!

·
Registered
806 Posts
She's a beauty!

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Oh yeah...that's what were talkin' 'bout...:danceban::danceban::danceban:

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Very nice! Good choice. :hand10:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Nice 442 I love them S&W snubbys thats for sure. Carry it well and be safe.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Perfect. You might have to get the mate for your mate.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Perfect. You might have to get the mate for your mate.
That would be a great day indeed. She just needs some more range time and handling time to feel "in control" of the gun. I've gotten her interested in a handguns course and a home defense shotgun course. So we are headed in the right direction.

However, she absolutely loves shooting the AR15.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Very nice revolver.

What is the ammo in the speed strips, if you don't mind? The sharp angle on the bullet, looks like it would help with reloading.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
A NO-LOCK 442...........GREAT SCORE!! Congrats! You might want to look for another since the wife has her eye on that one! Don't forget,though, save a NO-Lock for me!:yup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very nice revolver.

What is the ammo in the speed strips, if you don't mind? The sharp angle on the bullet, looks like it would help with reloading.
The ammo is Hornady Critical Defense. Its supposed to be very reliable in expanding when passing through heavy clothing. I've run a couple boxes through my EMP and 228 and it is very accurate for me. So I figured I might as well stick with what has been working for me.

·
Registered
493 Posts
That's a nice one. I have actually wanted on for quite a bit of time now.. Great photo too..

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats! Very Nice...:congrats:

·
Super Moderator
19,449 Posts
Nice catch, and nice photos!

Just a thought - you might want to download your speed strips to 5 rounds (Mas Ayoob's advice in my LFI-1 class) . Gives you a bigger purchase on the strip when seconds matter.

Either way, get some dummy rounds and practice with the speed strips. Your photo is a positive reinforcement of the message to always, always, always carry spare ammo!

·
Registered
59 Posts
442's are great revolvers, I use one for EDC during the summer. I put some S&W J frame wood grips on mine cause I like the retro look

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts