Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of applying for my CCW in the Orange County, CA. In the application they want you to explain why you want a CCW.

Are there specific wordings, sentences that individuals use explaining the reasons behind requesting for a CCW? I'm business person, and heavily involved with my community (CERT, HealthCare Emergency Preparedness etc..). I'm trying to make sure my reasoning behind wanting a CCW is not turned down because I wrote it incorrectly. Please advise.

LLoyd

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

There are several members here who have obtained their Calif. CCW and I'm sure they will be able to assist you.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Good luck on your endeavor, I won't hazard a guess since I don't have a California permit. I'm sure those who have one will be of some help.

·
Registered
419 Posts
lpb - I too wish I could help; when I lived there I had a Fed. Lic. to carry. Sorry I can't be of any assistance with that one, but enjoy the board anyway and ask in another section..!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Welcome from Virginia. :wave:

·
Super Moderator
25,540 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Good luck with your CC quest in California. Keep us advised on how it goes.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Welcome Cali.:wave:
Wish you luck on your permit.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
welcome, good luck.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Welcome from NC. Good luck on your permit! I just told the county sheriff here that I wanted it because not everyone is as nice as he is! Don't think that would work in California!:wave:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Welcome aboard and best of luck. :smilez:

Does seem Orange County does give out quite a few CCW's. I am pretty sure one or two CA folks here may be able to assist further.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I am in the Central Valley of California and I live in the county not inside the city limits. Our Sherrif is really cool along with his seargents. In California you do have to have a good reason. You said you work in emergency preparedness and healthcare. Does that mean you respond to incidents? Or venture into neighborhoods that could be threatening to help prepare for emergencies? Don't lie but layout the facts of the threatening situations you could come across. In my line of work I am in charge of firing people and am a Hearing Officer for disciplinary action. I have had numerous death threats and just layed it out for them.

I don't know your situation or if your dealing with the Sherrif or the Chief of police. If it is the latter I have been told you can pretty much forget it. In my situation it felt like as long as I was a law abiding citizen with a positive background check it would happen.

Good Luck to you and I hope I was of some help.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Welcome from Idaho. Do you carry large sums of money? Just an idea.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I guess "So I can carry out the instructions from the voices in my head" probably wouldn't be the smartest thing to write down. :rofl:

Welcome to the forum. :biggrin2:

·
Super Moderator
23,595 Posts
kenpotex said:
I guess "So I can carry out the instructions from the voices in my head" probably wouldn't be the smartest thing to write down. :rofl:

Welcome to the forum. :biggrin2:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Super Moderator
22,007 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Welcome! I'm pretty new here too. Wife and I recently got our CA permits with no problem.

It really depends on the county. Orange County has a pretty good reputation for issuing if you jump through all of their hoops.

I stressed job risk (use as much detail as you can, as a Realtor my specific reasons would differ from yours), frequent travel/camping to remote locations with no cell range and little LEO presence, and avid shooter/range member that transports multiple weapons frequently. Just throw in everything you can think of and see what sticks.

It really is worth the effort. CA is actually pretty good for carry once you get the permit. Very few prohibitions and no places posted against CCW. There are such few of us, (~40,000 out of 36 million) that nobody thinks anybody carries except LEOs.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts