Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a fairly new gun person. I have an LCR 357. I have shot a few hundred rounds at the range. Although I have my CC license and a IWB holster, I have not started carrying it yet. Did anyone feel hesitant before they started carrying all the time?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome! I'm from that black hole to the south of you so I can't offer any advice on carrying, but seems understandable. Carrying a gun is a huge responsibility to take on. I hope you find the confidence to carry soon through continued training, both through knowledge of laws and time on the range! :wave:

·
Premium Member
24,512 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.

·
Banned
2,030 Posts
Welcome from a fellow cheese head. I was very concerned when I started to conceal carry. It took me several weeks before my anxiety level returned to normal. good luck

·
Super Moderator
50,611 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret :31:

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee.......the "Patron State of Shootin' Stuff!"

·
Registered
169 Posts
Welcome. My license has not come in yet but I'm eager to exercise my 2A rights. The day it comes in I plan to CC everywhere I can. I always have one in the car and will open carry when I'm on my way to the range but I'm really looking forward to CCing regularly.

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas.

Hesitant before I carried? No.

However, I did feel like my rights weren't mine to freely exercise. Still feel that way since we can't open carry our handguns in Texas.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Welcome from the dry side of Washington ( if it doesn't say DC it is the state). Glad to have you on board! I think most people have concerns when they first carry, it will pass when carrying becomes the new normal. A healthy respect for carrying a loaded weapon is a GOOD thing.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Some of my family members (in-laws and siblings) are very anti-gun. I have not told them that I even have a gun. My wife is very supportive and has her CC license. She wants a SW Model60 Ladysmith for her self. We just need to do it.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Welcome from Alaska. Carrying a gun is the easy part.. Drawing, and using it is a whole different book! How, when, where and why come into play. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
Welcome from the PRM!

Being hesitant or anxious is normal. This too shall pass.

Welcome to the club.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry :wave: The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Milwaukee!

I started carrying from the minute my license came in the mail. I was used to it, though because I carried professionally after retirement from the Army but not concealed too often. Only when I was functioning as a private detective instead of uniformed armed security. I carry as soon as I get dressed in the morning until right before bedtime.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Welcome aboard from California! :wave:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts