Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
That is great news!!
I'm planning on doing some New Mexico travel while I'm working in El Paso...glad to see Florida on the list!!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Thats great news. Way to go New Mexico.
Mike :dancing2:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Good news tho - pity I don't see PA on there - looks like my FL non-res tho would cover that.

Let's have more states getting into gear and announcing wide reciprocity - it's about time.

·
Super Moderator
25,533 Posts
It's always great to see a state to move in a positive direction.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
We have been really hoping for this, and some have done a tremendous amount of work.
This is a good start, and hopefully we can expand the number of states to include all. At least more.

I applaud those who have given so much effort to this cause, and to the CCW law.

Jerry

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
Nevada is not on the list either. But then again we don't recognize anyone.
I guess my non-res Utah will be good tho.

By the way guys a lot of states do recognize Nevada even tho we don't reciprocate. With Nevada res and Utah and New Hampshire non-res, I'm good in 31 states. New Mexico will make it 32.
Not too shabby.

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
That is good news. I really would like to see Nevada put together a reciprocal agreement, I've given up on California..... :frown:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm a proud resident (and OPEN carrier till I'm 21) of New Mexico!

P.S. PM or email me, Chad, when you're gonna be in the area. I live in Las Cruces ;)

Some nice shooting facilities in both El Paso and here in Cruces.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This makes >my< life easier since I go to NM 4-6 times a year.

Now ... I admit to not being the sharpest tool in the shed ... but what's this "non-res" stuff?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I Love It

Pretty much the only way I can can go East is through New Mexico. At last I am legal. Never did stop me but, now it is legal!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Mik - as Euc says ''non-res'' permits are available from several states.

A buddy of mine in OH has family here and has had a PA non-res some time. I like many here too - have a non-res FL permit - which IIRC is good for approx 26 states.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Woohoo, VA is recognized! Just like in CO (FL & NH), I have two permits that cover me (FL & VA)! Now if we could just MD on board I'd be happy so I wouldn't have to disarm on the way to PA.

·
Registered
481 Posts
This is good news as the gun carry laws in New Mexico have always been a little strange.

I am originally from Albuquerque, but have not been back in quite a long time. Went through southern New Mexico on a motorcycle trip to Arizona a few months back, tried to research the conceal carry laws ahead of time. It was a complete surprise to discover that I could not carry concealed even with a Texas CHL, but I could carry open anywhere in the state. :eek:

So..... while in Texas, I had my vest over my belt holster for concealment, then when we crossed over into New Mexico, all I did was put the vest behind my holster. After living with the word 'concealed' for so long here in Texas, it sure did feel strange ! :redface:

·
Registered
749 Posts
South Carolina is a real PITA, they don't even recognize VA and were not too far from each other.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I believe SC is on the NM reciprocity list, though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts