Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a Mossberg 500 Cruiser a couple weeks ago and immediately ordered some goodies to make it the perfect home defense weapon. So far I’ve only taken care of the front, adding a UTG all aluminum forend with rails, Hell Fighter X-12 torch (150 Lumens), and a NcSTAR Red/Green Laser mounted to a Mako T-Grip.
I am still considering my options for the rear end grip, I want to keep it a pistol grip. Not worried about recoil reduction, I’m 6’3 280 and kick is not an issue….
Also need to purchase a Mesa Tactical Shell holder (B/c its aluminum)
Any suggestions are more than welcome.
Thanks!
Ray

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Geez....everything has spikes on it! Makes me think of chariots and Ben Hur and stuff. Sorry...first impressions I reckon. Spikes......that could make the difference in an assault weapon, and a defensive weapon. Then again...a 'defensive' weapon is never used as an offensive weapon right? I may be confused for a little while, but not for long.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The Mossberg came with the breacher barrel, and the torch has a glass breaker front end on it, also helps protect the lense, likewise with the laser.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The light was purchased to take with me on road trips and the gun is home in the safe, so the glass breaker is a nice feature.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Nice looking set-up you got there... :hand10: Once you add the side saddle shell carrier, it'll be a mighty good HD shotgun...:yup:

·
Registered
473 Posts
I like it, now i need (want) one too.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have the same flash light, I have it on my 870 side mounted like that as well.

That is a really nice set up

·
Registered
66 Posts
You've got waaaaaay too much crap strapped to that thing.

K.I.S.S.

I'll buy the flashlight, but its Nothing you can't do with $10

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You've got waaaaaay too much crap strapped to that thing.

K.I.S.S.
I respectfully disagree, a light b/c I’m not going to be searching for a light switch when someone is in my house, and a laser b/c it’s a pistol grip possibly shot from the hip, and I want to know exactly where the hole is going to be. Anyone with a vertical grip on the forend can attest to the assistance it gives with handling the recoil, especially being a pistol grip 12ga.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Fair enough.

I guess I'm just old school. I've never felt that there would ever be a problem in my house that couldn't be solved with my old 12ga SxS and a .357. I do have a torch on it though!

Either way, it sure does look mean!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Fair enough.

I guess I'm just old school. I've never felt that there would ever be a problem in my house that couldn't be solved with my old 12ga SxS and a .357. I do have a torch on it though!

Either way, it sure does look mean!
To each his own right…I also took into consideration I am in a very hurricane prone area, and if something big ever comes through, there will absolutely be looting issues. Never hurts to have a little extra…

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have shot multiple rounds with it mounted, even 00 buck, and it still works great.

and its awsomley bright!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sweet setup. I have the same Mako front-end grip with the weapon light trigger; I like that setup for not having to fumble for the light to turn it on, off, toggle, etc. I added a specops stock w/powerpack to mine as well. No laser, sight or sling...still mulling the need for those on an HD weapon.

·
Banned
1,438 Posts
that's a sweet setup. i had that model Mossie awhile back; had to sell it, but i'll probably buy it again. those lights are wicked; i think i might get that Hellfire, too.

i still think you should put a Knoxx stock on it. you might be a big guy, but your wrists will thank you later.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts