Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From an article about the movie - sounds potentially anti-gun to me.
==========================================
In three distinct American communities, various lives are affected by the presence of guns. The focus is centered on the impact firearms have on those who aren’t pulling the trigger.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
Sounds like a anti gun movie. They should do a movie on how cars affect people lives negatively.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Plot Summary for
American Gun (2005)

IFC Films presents AMERICAN GUN, a powerful series of interwoven storylines that bring to light how the proliferation of guns in America dramatically influence and shape every day lives. A gun shop owner, an ace student, a single mother, and a school principal are among those profoundly affected. AMERICAN GUN is the debut film of director/co-writer Aric Avelino, and is co-written by Steven Bagatourian and produced by Ted Kroeber.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416471/

Yep, I think it is anti-rights movie. Like its predecessor in 2002.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000YTOM6/103-7069235-4551011?v=glance&n=130

-Scott-

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Is Mike Moore somewhere behind the scenes?

Sounds like something he'd love to do - apply all the negative spin possible :mad:

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
There goes that 1st amendment again

·
Registered
274 Posts
P95Carry said:
Is Mike Moore somewhere behind the scenes?

Sounds like something he'd love to do - apply all the negative spin possible :mad:
I don't think that's fair. I've watched "Bowling" a few times and I don't see it as anti-gun. I saw the focus of the movie as a look into what's behind the violence. He say's flat out at the begining that he doesn't think it's the guns fault or the amount of guns. Pointing to the fact that Canadians have just as many guns, but way less violent crime. Now I'm not really a fan of MM the person but I apreciate his art. Like his movies or not, they are great at igniting the level of debate in this country, and debate on the issues is always a good thing in my book.

As for "American Gun" I'll pass...

·
Registered
277 Posts
I agree that Moore's agenda is well-hidden from the casual observer. But among other things, he paints a very negative picture of the NRA, especially when he suggests a connection to the KKK.

And the ending, when he and two Columbine victims blame WalMart for the school shooting because they sold the ammo? Where is that not anti-gun?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Honestly, I don't care enough about it to have verified the claims, but if what MM claims about how the NRA acted are true, then it was a pretty insensitive move on their part. I have my own opinion about the NRA and it's not based on anything MM has said.

As for the scene you mention, I see less anti-gun, more anti guns in the hands of unsupervised kids and teens. I did find that scene particullarly weepy and contrived though.

·
Super Moderator
18,094 Posts
Honestly, I don't care enough about it to have verified the claims, but if what MM claims about how the NRA acted are true, then it was a pretty insensitive move on their part.
If you are going to form your opinions on what someone says, the least you can do is to verify what it is they said.

MM :rant: slammed the NRA for refusing to cancel their annual meeting in Colorado that was schedualed a YEAR before the event at Columbine. In his opinion, he thought that they were in bad taste for going on with the meeting instead of canceling it. Even though no other organization was expected to alter its schedule because of the events, he used the NRA to further his ant-gun crap and the dimwits out there in the world bought it. MM had always been anti NRA and he coveniently used a tragedy to further his agenda by plastering his thoughts and views all over the news media, before the blood stains were even removed from the carpet in the school.

If that aint "insensitive" then tell me what is...:blink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts