Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just showed up in my inbox, as it probably did for a lot of you. I thought it was pretty good. It hits all the high points and doesn't ask for money. A few shortcomings I think it has:
  • It only seems aimed at NRA members and potential members, not the general pubic.
  • It does not address the current internal NRA problems.
  • It vaguely supports some enhancement of background checks.
  • It vaguely supports people with mental health issues being prohibited from having guns, and does not refute the organization's standing position in favor of red flag laws.
But at least they are back to doing something.

Credit where credit is due: I will also say that in Virginia, they are pushing people to attend the Crime Commission hearings on gun control at the capital starting tomorrow. As big a fan as I am of the VCDL, I am disappointed they have not discussed these hearing much in their alerts. I have an email in to the president to see what the deal is.

·
Premium Member
33,789 Posts
Probably Wayne's best video ever.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
It hit my in box, but when I saw the subject line (IMPORTANT MESSAGE from Wayne LaPierre), I figured it was another "send us more money or you are going to lose your second amendment rights" emails and deleted it without opening. It contains the same video as posted above. It is a good video, but too long for anything but internet viewing.

I'm glad to see they have apparently found a replacement for AcMac. Nice suit. I wonder how much we NRA members paid for it.

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
OMG!!! After waiting the near ten years since I dropped my NRA membership they have begun to change. No more Dana the Dangerous insulting my sensibilies and simply trying to stir up anger. No more ******* slogans about cold, dead hands. What I saw was a rational appeal with no anger coupled with an evidence based rational appeal and to the common man as opposed to the fear message from the ultra wealthy. If they keep this up and do just one more ad like this one, I will join.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
OMG!!! After waiting the near ten years since I dropped my NRA membership they have begun to change. No more Dana the Dangerous insulting my sensibilies and simply trying to stir up anger. No more ******* slogans about cold, dead hands. What I saw was a rational appeal with no anger coupled with an evidence based rational appeal and to the common man as opposed to the fear message from the ultra wealthy. If they keep this up and do just one more ad like this one, I will join.
Well I kinda liked Mr. Heston's comment about "from my cold dead hands". After all, that's pretty much what we told the British 244 years ago. Why not remind our current employee servants the same thing?

Reactions: OD*

·
Registered
7,871 Posts
The video looks good on the surface, but they still need to get rid of wayne and try to earn back the trust of gun owners.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts