Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a post on another board I frequent about a guy who makes custom knives, and I contacted him for some info.
I told him what I wanted: matte blade, semi-tanto tip that would stand up to some abuse if necessary, small enough to be unobtrusive and carried horizontally in SOB (not over 9.5" overall). He said he thought he knew what I wanted and made me a knife.
Here is what he made. This cost me $140.00 shipped to my front door. Lemme know what you think.

He's making me another as I type this. I'm a knife, gun, and bike whore:banana: .

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
i have had one real similar to that since 1978 or so , an eldon courtny mod 33 ( he called it an alley fighter lol ) and it has served me well in a lot of tasks . I dont belive eldon is with us anymore and its a pity because he was a truely unique gentleman

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My digital cam is in the GF car, so these taken with my Treo. Will post some better ones later.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Steve - have tweaked these a bit for now. Nice blade :smilez:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Good looking knife. What kind you having made? Will it be quite a bit different then this one?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Slightly narrower handle. back of blade cut down a bit to bring it to a bit more of a point without giving up the durability of a semi-tanto, maybe a little larger finger groove. This knife is 9.5" and I am having him lose 1/2" off each end so as not to screw up the balance, but lose an inch overall. Guy making these is a real talented guy looking for different needs, so I let him get creative with knife #2.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Newer Pics. This guy's name is Andy Sharpe and he makes a great knife. PM me if anyone out there wants his contact info. Sheath is kinda rough, but he told me it would be. He said he's aknife maker, not a leather guy.
Perhaps one of our esteemed leather experts would be willing to accept some money from me to make a SOB horizontal carry sheath with a thumb break?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steve - spaced out those pics to let em breathe!! Chris

·
Registered
13 Posts
Super nice... I have a buddy who "makes knives" This is the real deal though.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Very nice looking knife-how long did it take to receive it once the order was placed?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Took about 6 weeks. Andy's a real good guy who makws a quality product. Those pics are dark as all get out. I'll be right back. Gonna take some better ones.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts