Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from the post office where I picked up my newest "behavior modification tool." It's called the Shadowdancer and was made by Mark Goldsworthy, a member over at WarriorTalk. The knife is made from 1/8" tool steel and finished with matte black DuraCoat. The blade is just a tad longer than 2-1/2" and the OAL is 6-1/4". The handle scales are G-10 and are removable (though I don't know why I'd take them off). As you will see from the design, the knife is made to use in the "reverse-edge" (Pikal) method. With this in mind it came with a cross-draw Kydex sheath that is very nicely done.

Here's a few pics.
Left to right: Knife with sheath; Forward grip, edge-up; Reverse grip, edge-in; Knife in my hand and then next to an Endura for size comparison; Crossdraw sheath on belt; Drawstroke

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kansas_shooter said:
nice. how much was it ?
$85, although depending on handle materials, sheath configuation, etc. the price is subject to change.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
For a special knife that price sounds very fair Matt.

It appears to be a most compact and wieldy knife with both slash and stab potential.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
nice knife !:smile:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks, I've been playing with it quite a bit since I got it. I really like the way it handles. Very quick deployment and it's "fast" in the hand.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Does it have jimping for your thumb? I added some 50 LPI to my Disciple, to keep me from breaking out in hives, on the horizontal draw....:smile:

Okay, I looked at his site & know who he is now. I was sorry I missed out on the daggers he had up on USN..... ):

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rob72 said:
Does it have jimping for your thumb? I added some 50 LPI to my Disciple, to keep me from breaking out in hives, on the horizontal draw....:smile:

Okay, I looked at his site & know who he is now. I was sorry I missed out on the daggers he had up on USN..... ):
No, I'm probably going to add a little 3-M step-tape for better purchase. (I swear, I could keep 3-M in business by myself as much of that tape I have stuck to everything :biggrin2: )

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
That looks like a very nice piece, and at a good price, too. :yup:

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
Nice knife, the sheath looks huge in the pics.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts