Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope I am posting within the correct forum.

I am looking to purchase a new pistol that I can use for tactical competition. Probably within the production class. I already have a SA XD-9 SC and Beretta Px4 Storm (9mm) that I use to carry, depending on what I am wearing. Can the members provide me with their opinion on the type of gun I should be looking at? At least 5" and no more that $1200-1300. What would you do? Thanks:confused:

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts
As another IDPA fan, I'd say you already have the guns for our sport.
You may want to check this likn, I think it is the club nearest to your city.

St. Louis Area Pistol Sports

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
You could always get an XD Tactical with a 5" barrel. Your already familiar with the trigger/controls. Then there is also the GLOCK 34, 9mm 5" barrel.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I'm a big proponent of competing in "tactical" gun games with what I carry. The stress of competition really helps you getting used to carrying, shooting and administratively handling your gun.

I'd go ahead and use what'cha currently got....especially if it's what'cha carry.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Agree........................

srfl said:
I'm a big proponent of competing in "tactical" gun games with what I carry. The stress of competition really helps you getting used to carrying, shooting and administratively handling your gun.

I'd go ahead and use what'cha currently got....especially if it's what'cha carry.
I was about to ask you to define "Tactical' until I read the your post:22a: I have used a Glock 34 9mm with 3.5 lp connector "For sporting pupose only" trigger and it's much easier to acquire, and engage targets at fast speeds..............."Speed is devine, but accuracy if final"

I am in full agreement with the above cited post, that you should compete with what you are intending to carry or do carry. IDPA and IPSC are a bit different in clasifications, but I've alway's been a proponent of using whatcha carry for these "Gun games" Many have rolled an eye at the competition "Gun Games" however, I am a firm believer that it is practical shooting exercise for carry concealed enthusiasts. Bring a lunch, some hydration, some snacks and enjoy the afternoon with other shooters.

·
Registered
10,609 Posts
My self I use Les Bear Concept VI, 5''. I have used 1911's all my life and shoot action pistol with them.:image035:

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Personaly I dont sport shoot ( its over 70 miles to the nearest matches ) howeaver if i did i would do the same thing i used to as an officer where it was offered , i would shoot what i carry . Its not a winning combo for most games , but you will improve all the " smootheable skills " with your carry firearm/holster combo by competeing . You win by the workout no matter how you place on the scoretree lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts