Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Other

Votes: 26 26.5%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently pocket carry a gen 1 LCP most of the time. (At work I just don't want to risk it with IWB)

Looking for an upgrade. It must be pocketable, so not much larger than my LCP.

I'm looking at the LCP 2, the G42 and a 442/642, although I think the cylinder would print a lot thru my jeans. FWIW, I do also want the G43 but I don't see that as being pocketable.

Thanks for all input.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I carry a 642 daily. A good pocket holster solves printing issues. Mine is by Robert Mika.

Reactions: Haywood

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
In my pocket every day is a 442. Never had a problem. Jeans, cargo pants, or shorts, and two days this past week suit pants. Never had a problem nobody has asked what's in my pockets. If I wanted to I could carry one in each front pocket but, keep my second gun in the waistband.

·
Banned
122 Posts
I just bought an LCPII for pocket carry. Looked at the LCP, LCP Pro, Taurus 738 and the S&W Bodyguard, but liked the LCPII above all. I have an LC9 Pro that I'm also very happy with, but it's too big for me to pocket carry.

Got to shoot it yesterday and all I can say is wow. For a gun that size, it shoots great. The ability to shoot the last round with the magazine out and the slide locking back after the last round sold me over the other LCP editions.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I just ordered a LCP II, having considered all my options.

For my purposes, I want it as small as possible. So, the G42 was out.

I considered the CW380 and bodyguard as well, but the new ruger seems to have the upper hand with its recent redesign.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Two of the four listed won't fit in a pocket.

My 642 fits in the safe, but not in my pocket.

If you're going with a 42 sized gun may as well upgrade to a 9mm.

My LCP travels with me often. I looked at the II this past weekend, I like it well enough. 319 seemed a bit steep for an "upgrade" when old LCP's were there for 264.

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Two of the four listed won't fit in a pocket.

My 642 fits in the safe, but not in my pocket.

If you're going with a 42 sized gun may as well upgrade to a 9mm.

My LCP travels with me often. I looked at the II this past weekend, I like it well enough. 319 seemed a bit steep for an "upgrade" when old LCP's were there for 264.
Yes.. I tell myself 4X a day that my Gen 2 LCP still does what it was made to do & I don't need the LCP II!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I now have two LCP 2s and have found them to be excellent shooters, making a big/ragged hole at 7 yards. The new trigger is such a major improvement over earlier versions that one has to try it to believe it ... which is easier to do if you've shot older LCPs.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
LCP II If .380, as Ruger seems to have fixed every aspect of the gun that
bothered shooters with the first generation.

This one has better sights, a striker-fired trigger, and a bit bigger in all
areas for more recoil reduction.

Hmmm..am I talking myself into buying one?

I also really like the LC9-S far better than the older
LC9.

·
Registered
712 Posts
P-64 *other
Great little gun awful double action. Makes ever other da trigger I've owned and shot seem like a hair trigger. Not quite as bad with new hammer springs. I'm told some find it unpleasant to shoot because of recoil. I don't that. Sa is one of the lightest and crispest . Very impressed with the accuracy, especially considering the sights are not much more than a grove and a pimple on the end of the slide. A lot to said for commi block guns.
As for the op quest I would also suggest Kel-Tec PF9 9mm very light weight mine has been very reliable and accurate. With over2000 rounds down range I shoot 1" to 1.5" groups at defensive distance. Or even a Walther PPK if you can find one. PPK is real close to the Polish P64

·
Registered
124 Posts
Currently pocket carry a gen 1 LCP most of the time. (At work I just don't want to risk it with IWB)

Looking for an upgrade. It must be pocketable, so not much larger than my LCP.

I'm looking at the LCP 2, the G42 and a 442/642, although I think the cylinder would print a lot thru my jeans. FWIW, I do also want the G43 but I don't see that as being pocketable.

Thanks for all input.
In terms of being an "upgrade", I'd only consider that the 441/642's would fit into that category. The others are just a slightly different platform for a 380. If you wear a lot of dress pants and are on the small size, then the LCP2 is what you'll probably be stuck with. If you wear jeans and/or cargo pants or shorts a lot, then the little Smith is what you want. With a decent pocket holster, you can easily hide it and it's about as reliable as they come.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts