Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PPK/S .22 | Walther Arms
...guess it's been out about a year...
...had a .380 back in the day...never liked the way it shot...have never found a compact .22 pistol I liked...and have never gotten over the like for the look of the Walther...just stumbled across a Walther ad and saw this one on the side...

...gotta be REAL GOOD between now and Santytime...:wink:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
When will they actually be produced for sale? Haven't seen one available anywhere yet. I'm in for one when they do hit the shelves. A .22lr PP series is a lot of fun. I already have a PPK/S, both .22 and .380, but I'd get another new generation model.

I also own the MP5 and 1911 clones produced by Walther and they are very high quality, extremely fun gun. Better than I expected.

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...researching further, I've run across folks who say that Walther's been bought by Umarex...that's a bad sign...and that the slides may be zinc...I hope they haven't taken another respected name and plastered it on cheap cwap...still digging...

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Always wanted a PPk...& that is one sexy little .22! Cannot think of any reason to own one. Where would it fit in my battery? That makes me want to own one all the more!

Why is that?

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
...researching further, I've run across folks who say that Walther's been bought by Umarex...that's a bad sign...and that the slides may be zinc...I hope they haven't taken another respected name and plastered it on cheap cwap...still digging...
The following indicates something different concerning Walther and Umarex.

Walther Arms Moves to Fort Smith, Plans $7 Million Expansion with Umarex USA | Arkansas Business News | ArkansasBusiness.com

Umarex USA makes sporting and replica air guns. Its line of products includes paintball guns, pellet guns, air pistols and accessories. Umarex USA is owned by PW Group of Germany, which also owns firearms leader Walther Co. in Germany. Walther is 126 years old and makes firearms from .22-caliber to .40-caliber.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I know Umarex is licensed to use the Walther brand, among many others, on their replica airsoft and BB guns, but I haven't seen anyting regarding Walther being bought out by them. I also know Umarex USA imports several brands of firearms, so maybe Umarex putting their name on the guns as importer confused some folks into thinking they had bought Walther.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Walther used to manufacture these 22's back in the old days...

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
My understanding of the relationship is that Walther makes the firearms and Umarex is the importer/ customer service vendor in the U.S., now that S&W is out of the picture. When Walther Arms is up and running I expect Umarex involvement will fade away to a lesser extent.

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
...hope so...I want this little popper...IF it's made to Walther quality...still looking for some reviews...one of the cites says U is making some firearm parts, though...

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Always wanted a PPk...& that is one sexy little .22! Cannot think of any reason to own one.
Looks like the DA pull is similar to the original, 17.5 lbs per the website!

I've always loved the original PP series (one of the first DA/SA auto designs available), but that first pull is a doosey...

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
...well, that's different from the other links...and so is this: Walther announcing PPK/S in .22

...after saying S&W would continue making the PPK....they announce that the PPK/S .22LR will be made in Germany...

...now...why would we assume as is all over the net that there would be a zinc slide when this article says black matte or stainless steel, and it's being made in Germany...where Walther has always been high quality? this raises my hopes a lot for an excellent gun...

...from our own forum: http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...156687-i-gotta-have-one-these-ppk-s-22lr.html

...and I plumb forgot it, I got so excited to see the gun the other night...seems we still don't have an answer for sure...but if it's offered in stainless steel...that ain't hardly zinc...even if U is making it...

...the thread went sour before anyone proved anything...does anyone here OWN one???

(MODS) may want to merge these threads...thanks...

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I suspect that 17.5 is a misprint. Other sites use lower numbers, more in line with what one would expect, (something around 12 lbs.).
No; it's not a misprint...I recently bought one of these little pistols and the DA pull really is that heavy. It's a fun little gun though and a nice complement to my Interarms .380 PPK/S.

·
Premium Member
3,579 Posts
Actually I think Walther quality is great. They are producing some great guns right now. The issue I see is that they could sell about 10x more if they could get them on the shelves faster.

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
...how's the fit and finish? does it look cast or forged? I've not found one yet...
No; it's not a misprint...I recently bought one of these little pistols and the DA pull really is that heavy. It's a fun little gun though and a nice complement to my Interarms .380 PPK/S.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts