Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may remember that my wife picked this out earlier this week. Well I finally got to the range today. I only had Federal Champion to shoot, but I did have 200 rounds of it at least. Can't beat $14.97 a box a Wally World. On to the range report...

I wanted to shoot it first to make sure the recoil wasn't too snappy (I've read that .40 can be). Well I fired one round and handed it off to my wife. The recoil was nothing like I thought it would be. We swapped back and forth for 100 rounds of absolutely trouble free fun. My wife did accidentally drop the mag out on her second time up, still not quite sure how she managed that. Other than that, the gun performed flawlessly. At 10 yards I could watch the hole appear on the paper right on top of the front sight. While we were there we also put another 100 through the Rock Island, a few through the LCR, and another 100 through the SKS. I also took the opportunity to sight in and let my daughter shoot my very first gun, a Daisy .22 single shot.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Glad to hear it went well. I love mine and it's unbelievably accurate. I don't keep an exact count, but I know for sure I've got over 1K rounds through it with no trouble.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Sounds like a great day at the range... Glad you & the wife are happy with the PPS...

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Sounds like you got what you and she wanted.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Thanks for the range report. I think highly of the PPS in 40cal. Great way to have a family outing. Good shew!

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Nothing beats a 'family' day at the range...:yup::congrats:

Glad you're happy with your new pistola.:bier:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
nice...
im approaching 2000rds in my pps 9 without the slightest hitch.
I am probably a little past your 2000 round count and my PPS runs like a Swiss watch. It is an absolutely wonderful pistol. I am a HUGE fan of this pistol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts