Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The county has opened a new range.
Looks to be too knotch. Sporting clays, skeet, sport clays, pistol and rifle ranges. All pistol and rifle under cover with concrete deck. Range officer on duty at all times.
I want to go out but don’t know the best time to go. Something tells me I should wait for the wild and crazy’s to get it out of their system and the silliness to stop, if any, and then go.
What do you think?

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum Thomas D 😃

I don’t understand a why you are waiting? I think most places are not as busy in the morning, but the range we go to is not so busy in the afternoons. Just go, if it’s too busy go again later.

A new range will have that New Range Smell! 😎

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
I'm glad for you and your neighbors. Our township tried to turn some public land into a public range. Between DEQ and the local university progressives, it is dead in the water.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Sounds like a nice place to try out that new revolver - git er' done!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
We had two municipal ranges in my area in my memory.

During the time of my knowledge of the ranges Little Rock hardly ever maintained their range and never had a RSO supervising the range. It was also down near the river on a stagnant bayou so the skeeters would carry you off at times. It disappeared 35 or more years ago. I worked for the city a couple of summers in college and mowed it a couple of times 44-45 years ago. The weeds would get 5-6ft tall.

The North Little Rock range disappeared in 1989. The city disowned it when the mayor who built it went out of office. The operation was taken over by a group of citizens who formed a club for that purpose. They ran it for a number of years at zero cost to the city until the then current mayor refused to lease it to them one year. He then built an air strip on it for corporate jets that I don't think has ever paid for itself. He wound up in charge of the city Parks and Rec Dept for many years and now wants to run for Mayor again.:mad: Nothing like career civil employees.:poop:

The only positive out of the lack of municipal ranges near me is we, the members of the old N.L.R. range, banded together again and built one of the finest private ranges in the U.S.

I hope from my little story you and your friends use the range and take an active interest in the long term future of your new range lest it go the way of the ones near me.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I hope the range is useful for you.

Our county range seems like something I would like to try, but it is 35-40 minutes away, and temporarily closed due to COVID.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts