Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new rifle, a Rock River Arms Government Model AR-15. Pic is below. I'll give you all a range report once I assemble it and get it to the range.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Very cool! And....nice! :biggrin:

·
Registered
868 Posts
Geeze thats nice, read the specs on it and seems like an exciting rifle to have. Somehow I don't think we in CA could order one of those. But I sure would like one. :smile:

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
Cool. Love my Bushie Carbon 15 carbine. Have fun with it.

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Nice piece Bob - I'd expect that from get go you will love that - a lot :smile:

I was shooting a SAW today - guess what I want?? :biggrin:

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chris - I was shooting a SAW a couple of weeks ago. The guy who owns it has an integral suppressor on it. WHOA!!! Big Fun!! I can have one too, all I need do is fork over $25,000 and I too can have a SAW. Yea, I'm holding my breath for that one.

·
Registered
686 Posts
acp...

can i ask how much it set you back? and where you ordered it from? I might just be getting an AR as my first long gun... sooner rather then later :)

--Jim

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
firefighter4884 said:
acp...

can i ask how much it set you back? and where you ordered it from? I might just be getting an AR as my first long gun... sooner rather then later :)

--Jim
best to check your state laws regarding hi cap guns/mags. Not sure, but thought NJ didn't allow hi cap mags. Also as good as a Rock River is , other manufacturers are just as good. Shop around a little.

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
firefighter4884 said:
acp...

--Jim
I had to order it from a gunshop in Minnesota, JS Custom Guns, (Rock River is short on chrome lined barrels, they told me 60 days.) It cost me $2330. including shipping. Included is a Rock River Arms carrying handle to mount on the flat top receiver, the EO Tech Holo-Sight, Surefire quad rail mounted flashlight, cleaning kit and 1 magazine. Also included is an Eagle Discrete nylon carrying case and tac sling.
I haven't had the chance to shoot it yet but the trigger is very nice.

All in all it looks to be an incredible weapon. I am having some difficulty deciding where to mount the touch pad for the SureFire but otherwise I think this gun is exactly what I was looking for in a new AR format.

·
Registered
686 Posts
rocky...

mags have to be pinned at 15, although it can be a temporary pin.

but i think NJ still has an AWB in place :( that makes it no fun.

I know RRA is not the only manufacturer, but there is something I like about getting all the pieces I wanted in one box that just...well...makes me happy :) and sometimes it's worth paying for to me :)

LOL

--Jim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts