Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out and bought a new rifle, I really didn't need it, since I already have 2 of the same type. :yup:

It's a polymer stock version of the Polytech M305 which is a clone of the M14. Polytech is one of the factories that used to export under the Norinco brand. These guns have been coming into Canada in batches over the years, this latest batch got good reviews from the M14 fantics up here, so i went out and bought one for $529 which is very good price for a gun up here. I suspect that the receiver was made back in the 80-90's but has been refinished as well as the rest of the gun, the fit, finish and tighness of the gun is much better than previous generations, the gun makes a nice "ping" when fired. It groups well and the 60 rds I put through it went without a hitch. The polymer stock needs sanding on a couple of edges, but that's about all that is needed on this gun.

I have pictured it beside my other 2 M305's The one with the blond stock is the 7th of it's type to be imported into Canada and the one with the brown stock was altered to comply with the US AWB. Eagle eyed readers will note the tape on the barrel, the flashhider is welded to the barrel to comply with US laws and I am trying to drill out the welds, the metal is hard on drill bits. I will likley sell this rifle at some point, but the naughty thought of being able to equip a section of infantry keeps stopping me!

More pictures here
M305 pictures by colinpark_photo - Photobucket

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
It sounds like a decent price for an M14 clone SA M14's go for about 3 times that much

·
Registered
941 Posts
When you say they are accurate, how accurate? Now you have me thinking about one for hunting purposes. Nice looking rifles you have there!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
I don't believe that new ones are available in the US, thanks to the dumb Chinese trying to swamp our country with illegal full auto AKs.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When you say they are accurate, how accurate? Now you have me thinking about one for hunting purposes. Nice looking rifles you have there!!
Well they are more accurate than me, I doubt I can shoot them as well as they can shoot. I am going to start working on accuarcy for the new one as I might take it hunting next year.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
There are a very Few ChiCom guns worth buying and that is one of them :yup:

Too bad we can't get them here (NEW ) in the U.S. :frown:

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
You know what they say about shooting Chinese? Thirty minutes after shooting, your gun will be hungry. :danceban:

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
I'd love to have one!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There are a very Few ChiCom guns worth buying and that is one of them :yup:

:frown:
I wouldn't want to bet on that, we get their new guns all the time and they just get better and better. Their steel is very good, they are improving their finishing and quality control. The biggest problem they have is alloy's for now.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am so incredibly jealous you Canadians can get these, let alone for that price....M1A's of just about any flavor here are so doggone expensive and of course, beyond my ability to justfy accordingly. Sigh.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own 2 of these rifles under 1k

I hand picked 2 rifle's I took them to the range set up my target
at 280 yards and shot 4 types of ammo imi israel gave me the tightest group 1.5 yes with
open sights off the bench. second was CDN IVI 1.75. 3rd was FNM and USball tied.
As a former military spec op. I highly rec. this rifle it surprized me with how well it shot.
But when you buy this strip it down and clean it. I use Brasso polish Yes brasso It has amonia
in the solution and it neutalizes any corr. primers.after dry patch and then wet patch with
G96 and dry patch again. Then go shoot. You will be impressed with your targets.

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
Love those rifles. One of those was one of the first M-14 types that I owned.

Many parts will not interchange with M-14/M1A's and some earlier ones had receiver issues but overall great guns. I to wish we could get them new here in the states but alas that wont happen. I guess I will have to stick with my Springfield.

1963 TRW barrel, upgraded internals, Sadlak Titanium Mount, 30 mm steel rings, Fixed 10x Mil Dot, Fiberglass stock with adjustable cheek piece added.

Gotta love it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Very nice rifle, It's a shame that Uncle Sam removed these from service during
Nam, make's you wonder how many boy's would have been back on US soil alive.
Its hard to improve on such a good weapon system. I used to have a H&R M14
the real thing Years ago, the biggest mistake of my life was to be talked out of
owning it. It shot inside the same hole at 100 yds with a douglas Hb. But it's
nice to see such a gem of a rifle, that you have, I will send some pics of
my rifle, I just put on a Archangle stock with a drop pistol grip. I have not
had a chance to shoot it yet to much snow, and we just got dumped on again,
here in Yorkton Sask Canada.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts