Defensive Carry banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very Happy! Took my new Ruger LC9s Pro to the range for the first time today. I was very pleased. Groups were tight, trigger was great, and not a single problem. Shot it alongside my Shield and Glock 19. What a great trio!
:danceban:

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Airsoft gun

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
My brother in law has a Ruger LC9s (not terribly familiar with handguns so he opted for the safety) for a one-gun household. While I doubt I'll get one (9mm doesn't strike my fancy), I have shot it and it shoots well. Quite the step up from the ol LC9/380, trigger wise. Congrats on your purchase.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
So, in a head to head, compare the S&W to the Ruger.

Good trio btw. Now add a full size CZ for a foursome. :image035:

·
Registered
383 Posts
I also have the Ruger LC9s Pro. Great small 9mm. Mine has also been flawless.
The Ruger is smaller, thinner and l think lighter than my Shield. It's a little less refined in my opinion than the Shield. I wouldn't hesitate to carry either one. I can conceal the Ruger better than the Shield. I shoot the Shield better than the Ruger. Both have been 100% reliable

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Now you need a PPS M1 , PPS M2, and of course the Honor Guard.

Someone close to me asked what 9mm for CCW?

I said the LC9-s PRO would be ideal.

The PRO doesn't have a safety that can be knocked on by
accident.

Put the gun in a good holster that covers the trigger
guard,,and Smile.

They are $349 at Sportsmans right now.

If I didn't need a LCR 9mm more than another SS9,
I'd buy one.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Now you need a PPS M1 , PPS M2, and of course the Honor Guard.

Someone close to me asked what 9mm for CCW?

I said the LC9-s PRO would be ideal.

The PRO doesn't have a safety that can be knocked on by
accident.

Put the gun in a good holster that covers the trigger
guard,,and Smile.

They are $349 at Sportsmans right now.

If I didn't need a LCR 9mm more than another SS9,
I'd buy one.
LOL I do have the PPS M2 and G43, I had the Honor Guard and the PPS M1 as well as the XDS 9mm.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
It is my everyday carry. I have carried a full size American and small LCR but drift back to the Pro.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I picked one up not long ago. 1st 400 rds were basically flawless. Now I'm getting live round stove pipes with everything but my carry ammo - 147gr gold dot. I'm still carrying it but I'm not happy. I like the gun but it hasn't been too reliable for me. Oh, and I don't like the take down.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
I have an LC9s...very nice and compact. If you stick to 124gr> ammo you'll do better. Cheap ammo might give you some FTF FTE issues.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I picked one up not long ago. 1st 400 rds were basically flawless. Now I'm getting live round stove pipes with everything but my carry ammo - 147gr gold dot. I'm still carrying it but I'm not happy. I like the gun but it hasn't been too reliable for me. Oh, and I don't like the take down.
Change the recoil spring and the mag spring and see if that doesnt fix the issue

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have the LC9s and Shield in 40 and 45. I prefer the LC9 for pocket or ankle carry. The Shield does not seem as suitable for pocket. Both feel good in my hand and shoot well. So the deciding factor for me is when I need to pocket carry, I go with the Ruger.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Bought a LC9S for the wife a few weeks ago... We still have our original LC9 models and I still prefer the original for my purposes... I like the long trigger pull for safety reasons... She likes the S model as she has arthritis in her wrist and fingers and the lighter pull is a plus for her... I like that we can still use all the holsters and magazines interchangeable..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts