Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first outing with the LNIB LCP.

A sunny but not so scorching hot day for once in two or three weeks.

The Snake River was down low and the drive was very nice.

We brought the LCP, LCR, a nice 686, a 870 and one fine stainless Rossi .357 lever gun.

The LCP had more recoil with the Blazer Brass FMJ than the Hornady FTX.

Both were no problem to control the .380 as we peppered the target.

I shot first and my fist round was COM. the next 5 also did very well.

My buddy shot it rapid fire and was amazed that it didn't kick nearly as much as
his lone .380 the infamous Grendel!

I'm told that the Kahr .380 kicks even less, but I guess because it is an ounce or two heavier?

This LCP seemed to has a the shorter, improved trigger over my old one with the CT Laser,
but still has the older type slide.

I canted the pistol as I sometimes do.. and was able to see the sights better and also get good hits.

Orange or green paint might be the ticket for the very faint ramp, if I don't opt for Ruger to send me
a new slide that is.

I still don't think that a tiny front dot will be as nice as the Kahr or even PICO sights, not to metnion..
those of
the SIG .380s.

Anyhow, we had fun shooting the Rossi .357 and the old 870.

The KLCR .357 came out and I had some fun shooting both Hornady and Remington 125 grain 38+P.

A very fun day!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Looks like you had a very fun day. Glad you had some good experience with the new LCP. Everything looks good except that last pic ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

·
Premium Member
6,595 Posts
So, did yah leave anything in the gun store?

Nice bunch of weapons you got. I took my LCP out last week, and it ran like a race horse. Good pistol.

Congrats!

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.

We actually came back to the valley and went to a gun store.

They didn't have a Kahr .380 or a PICO but said they might get a PICO in.

My wife likes the pics of "Cute" PICO.

I didn't know that the K380 is as thin as a LCP and actually shorter in some areas as well.

Gives me an excuse to buy..err check one out.

The .380s are not the best for defense, but a person has to look at what they offer
for actual pocket carry..the place that they really shine.

Otherwise, my RAMI 9mm or a Glock 33 would suffice for a belt gun.

I've also tried various guns for ankle carry and found the LCP to be the lightest.

·
Premium Member
6,595 Posts
Worst pistol I ever owned was a Kahr Pm40. Hello will freeze over before I ever have another one. For what its worth.

Thanks guys.

We actually came back to the valley and went to a gun store.

They didn't have a Kahr .380 or a PICO but said they might get a PICO in.

My wife likes the pics of "Cute" PICO.

I didn't know that the K380 is as thin as a LCP and actually shorter in some areas as well.

Gives me an excuse to buy..err check one out.

The .380s are not the best for defense, but a person has to look at what they offer
for actual pocket carry..the place that they really shine.

Otherwise, my RAMI 9mm or a Glock 33 would suffice for a belt gun.

I've also tried various guns for ankle carry and found the LCP to be the lightest.

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
300px-NewYorkYankees_PrimaryLogo.svg.png redsuxmyspace.gif

Looks like you had a great day

(Just some baseball ribbing:wave: )

·
Registered
808 Posts
How does the new LCP stack up to the older LCP's

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had the pleasure of teaching my midwife about the LCP in .380 just yesterday. Once we got past the whole clip "debate" and I educated her a bit I had my first chance to take a look at the newer ones. This was was still unfired, besides what the manufacturer/FBI shoot, and the first thing I noticed was it was a really tight gun. Maybe it was because the older LCP I rented and shot, before going and buying the Taurus in .32 anyway, was well broken in and this was brand spanking new, but something felt different. As far as the ergonomics go, it still feels very much like the same old LCP. The new one had either a steel or tungsten guide rod, over the older one having a plastic one (if I recall correctly) which is nice for sustained fire. Let's be honest though, it's a pocket pistol and they are not designed for sustained fire but rather emergency engagements.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
I bought an LCP with a Crimson Trace laser last week as a pocketable alternative for when I can't carry my 1911. It's a great little pocket gun and very accurate.

Go Patriots!

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I had the pleasure of teaching my midwife about the LCP in .380 just yesterday.
If I had a nickel for every midwife I had to teach about "clips" versus "magazines" I would be rich. They should just include that in midwifery curriculum.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
... Let's be honest though, it's a pocket pistol and they are not designed for sustained fire but rather emergency engagements.
OK, let's be honest. Self Defense is an emergency engagement.

Reactions: sioux565
1 - 15 of 15 Posts