Defensive Carry banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to become a more accurate shooter. Currently my groups are large shooting from only 10 yards. I have mainly been shooting my shield so I know the barrel length is not ideal for bullseye shooting but I think 4" groups at 10 yards is not unreasonable.

I am leaning towards my problem being trigger control/ flinching. When I dry fire I am rock solid but while shooting live I do feel myself anticipating recoil.

Is the snap cap drill the drill I should be focusing on 100% at the range until I get my basics down or are there other things I should work on?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use the isosceles stance and recoil management is not a problem. Grip strength is good I work with my hands for a living and I pride myself in having a vise like grip. The only way I have pinpointed it to anticipating recoil/flinch is sometimes I ride the slide release (working on this) because the gun is so small and a couple times I have had a huge flinch on that shot.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never feel like the firearm is not in control so not twisting or slipping out of the hands. After a shot the I get slight muzzle flip but more of a push back. Less flip more push.

I have only been able to go 1-2 times a month (outdoor range is open linited hours) but recently got a key to use my clubs indoor range. This means I can use the indoor range 24/7 for no fee (yearly club dues) as long as I can find ammo.

The flinch is not as bad as the first time I saw it happen (more aware of it) but still happens. I am going to get some snap caps on Monday regardless hopefully they have them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.