Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't really an impulse buy...I've been wanting one for over a year now **edit...it's a Remington 870 12ga**. Originally I was going to get the 18" tactical with the 7 round tube. I've been hunting a lot more lately, and I've got a chance to do a few duck/bird hunts this year, so I switched it up and got the regular 26" synthetic. I will buy a mossberg barrel and cut it down to 18 and slap that on for home defense, cause this is definitely too long to maneuver around the house. I was torn between getting the wood or synthetic, since I'm going to do my own camo paint job on it, but despite the added cost, I went synthetic because every gun I own is synthetic. I was in and out of bass pro in under an hour. I love Texas.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm used to it taking 3 or 4 hours in the shop and then another 10 days on top of that from CA....lol

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my bad...I forgot to even say what it was....Remington 870 12ga

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
In Tx with a CHL they don't even have to call in a background check,just right your CHL number on the 4473,I bought 10 AR15 lowers at one time and never even got a visit from the ATF

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Mossberg actually markets HD shotgun barrels for the Remington 870. I've seen the breacher 18 1/2" barrels here local for $150. Check some pawn shops for extra barrels also. Good going on the 870!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I never bothered to show them my CHL...It's still difficult for me to get firearms because I'm military. Unless of course I get my TX drivers license. I have a WA dl, so I have to make a copy of that, my military ID, my PCS orders, fill out the paperwork...not sure if a CHL would change that.

Good call on checking pawn shops for barrels. Might have to do that.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Here in Ohio, they do the NICS check and it still takes me longer to do the 4473 and the 2 guys that checks it (The shop I go to, the sales guy looks at it, then 2 managers looks at it to make sure its correct) than it does for the check to come back. Last guy I go, I was in and out in 20min.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Nice purchase!

It takes about 20 min here in MO.

I have to have a background check and thats about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts