Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And it’s joe approved.

Been wanting a couch gun for a while but seems everyone I saw was made in china and I am tired of “Made in China”. Was in the LGS today just to see what they have gotten lately and found this Stoeger, made in Brazil now that is a welcome change. Now if the weather will just clear up so I can take it to the range and see how it patterns.

Stoeger.JPG

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
Sweet!

Now who's Joe?

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
Msgt if you worked a "Jo Momma" into this thread I bow down.....

·
Administrator
144,361 Posts
Looks nice. Congrats. Shoot it in good health. :yup:

·
Registered
199 Posts
I bet you will have fun with that. Stick two shells in your belt or something and learn to grab two at a time and drop them in to load. You will catch on to how you need to hold them to make it work for you.I used to be able to start with empty gun and shoot 6 times in 12 seconds when we were shooting cowboy. That was pretty slow compared to some of the other guys. I don't know if you have seen them or not but they make belt slides that hold two in each slot so they are easy to get hold of. You will have a blast. Ha A lot of the time when we have a bump in the night and the dogs have a fit the double is still what I grab and I have other supposed to be better choices. When you get proficient with the double it is not bad for a lot of uses. The first two shots can be really fast.

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
Ahhhhhhhh.....

He's a darling.

How 'bout Shotgun Joe Mama?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Ha-ha...I didn't get the "Joe" reference either - but good one!

Congrats on the new addition. Let us know how you like it. ;-)

·
Registered
346 Posts
And it’s joe approved.

Been wanting a couch gun for a while but seems everyone I saw was made in china and I am tired of “Made in China”. Was in the LGS today just to see what they have gotten lately and found this Stoeger, made in Brazil now that is a welcome change. Now if the weather will just clear up so I can take it to the range and see how it patterns.

View attachment 75551
Sadly, the employees who made that gun in Brazil would have little more hope of owning one than if they worked in China: Brazil Implements Strict Gun Control Measures

It's easy to forget how unique the U.S. is in allowing private ownership and use of firearms... this right is something we Americans should never take for granted.<soapbox off>

Nice shotty! But that's no couch gun. Take her to the woods! Fall hunting season is just around the corner... :wink:

Congrats on your purchase.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Nice! I was just down at the outdoors store when I stumbled upon a Winchester 1897. You know, the one with the hammer. Well used and the action was smoooooooth, maybe even a little loose. Had to put it back in the rack before temptation got the better of prudence.

Hope you have fun with dat puppy.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
You're gonna love that coach gun!!! I love mine, they're a blast to shoot. Try shooting some clays and of course, double triggers.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Couch gun? I imagine you siting there watching TV with that resting on your legs, definitely Joe approved! I want one of those. Very envious, enjoy!

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
HEY TOP! But you own it. S....w everyone else!

Semper Fi!

Share the love. Shoot it some time, will Ya?

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
18,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Couch gun? I imagine you siting there watching TV with that resting on your legs, definitely Joe approved! I want one of those. Very envious, enjoy!
Doggone spellchecker, I missed that one.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Cool shotty! I've always wanted a coach gun. Maybe I'll start looking around. But there are so many guns I want and this one would have to wait in line.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I started shotguns with an early '50's model Mossberg 190, a bolt action 16gauge. I was having so much fun with it -- there's a story in that -- that I started looking for some older shotguns, and now have four '50's models, two Mossbergs a Remington and an Ithaca. I keep finding them in old, long-time in business LGS's and pawn shops, but I find that buying those older shotguns, I always get made in America and a great old gun that still works fine.

I like yours though msgt.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Very nice. Look forward to the AAR....

1 - 20 of 35 Posts