Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted a shoulder rig for my new Glock 45 MOS with the RDS. I had an old assault systems nylon double harness. I ordered some clips, some.080 kydex and walla.....

I molded over the RDS. Overall I am very happy with the way it works.

Glock holster.jpg

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Take a little bit of the molding on the ejection port out, that’s going to cause issues after use.

Wrap a cool damp towel around everything else and hit that one spot with some heat.

Does your big gorilla hand touch the material under the trigger guard? Cut yourself some clearance there if it does.

Nice work.

·
Premium Member
4,197 Posts

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Take a little bit of the molding on the ejection port out, that’s going to cause issues after use.

Wrap a cool damp towel around everything else and hit that one spot with some heat.

Does your big gorilla hand touch the material under the trigger guard? Cut yourself some clearance there if it does.

Nice work.

What he said. My first holsters molded the port a lot. I mask it out completely now. Just too many issues. And my hybrids have some give to it that full kydex does not and it was still "grabby".

·
Registered
34,765 Posts
I taped a piece of cardboard in the ejection port to allow only a slight indentation. Did it over the trigger opening also. Worked well enough.

Reactions: Bad Bob

·
Premium Member
33,908 Posts

Nice work.
Looks like maybe another pinch point behind the RDS and with the depth of molding behind the trigger guard. If so, the same heat gun solution for both or either. If not, good to go!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have an Ares Tactical shoulder holster for my 30S and TLR-7... which I’m hoping my new duty gun (19 Gen 5) will fit in. Would only be a winter setup, but I think it would be a nice option to have.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts