Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I took delivery of my brand new Sig Sauer P238 .380, after about two weeks of scouring the internet and local shops to find one.

This little gun shoots great, very little muzzle flip, and I don't feel like I am going to rip my hand open like I do when I fire a P-3AT (I have scars to prove it):blink:

Sorry the pictures are not the greatest.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
Very cool... Sounds like you have a keeper there! I'm glad it's a comfortable shooter!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Very nice!

I've got one with ROSE grips and SIG Night sites on layaway at my local FFL.
Hope to pick it up by mid-November:bier:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Sweet. Looks like you are going to pocket carry with the holster in the picture. How is it working out for you?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pretty well, I found that I can carry both the gun and my phone in the same pocket (the phone is there to break up the outline) and still draw. So far I like it a bunch and it shoots very well for a little pocket gun, much better that my dad's P-3AT IMO

·
Super Moderator
17,547 Posts
Nice, been looking for one myself but all I have found around here are grossly overpriced (MSRP +$100).

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats on the new pistola...:congrats:

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
You'll love it. I have the one with rosewood grips and it's a fun shooter.
Easy recoil, easy slide to rack, good slide release. So far reliable.
I wish it was D/A, S/A since I can't decide if I want to carry it "Cocked and Locked".
I have two holsters on order and can't wait to get them.
Now, if only W/M had some .380 ammo (or anyone else)

By the way, I ordered two additional magazines from Top Gun Supply and they appear to be identical to the stock one.
I have loaded each with six rounds, and tried topping off also. (one in the chamber, six in the mag.) all worked.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Very nice pistola...congrats!:bier:

·
Registered
181 Posts
The P238 is definitely in my future. Just waiting for the rush to slow down a bit. I'm also planning to get the Black on Black since I really don't care for two tones and wooden grips. However night sites would be a good addition. Congrats and enjoy your new Sig....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just curious....
1) What is the "Born on" date?
2) Does it have night sights?

I've had one on order with my dealer since Feb. While he has had several P238's come in, none are the combination I want (all nitron w/night sights). Recently I have been seeing P238's in shops around me, that were made toward the end of Sept. However, any all-nitron models had the standard sights. Thanks for any help.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
According to the box, the only date I can find is 10/02/09, which would mean that sig built it and it was sold within 3 weeks of being produced. If true, that's pretty cool.

No night sights.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
:congrats: Nice little sig... I can't believe they only give ya one mag with the pistol... Kinda lame IMB. :bier:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts