Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up this P239 in a 357 cal over the weekend. This will be my new carry. :comeandgetsome: Overall I like it very much! It also came with a 40 cal barrel but I'll be using 357 for personal defense. By luck I came across a box of 357 Gold Dot which is what will be loaded for defense.

For the Glock owners, no offesne but the Sigs are like beautiful woman, and Glocks are like the ugliest wench you've ever known. :tongue:

·
Registered
454 Posts
I like it...I have been gravitating towards a Sig lately...but the 226's that I looked at are too thick for my tastes...I know if I keep lookin I will find one that fits like a glove...Robbie

·
Registered
121 Posts
For the Glock owners, no offesne but the Sigs are like beautiful woman, and Glocks are like the ugliest wench you've ever known. :tongue:
Now now, dont be a Sig Snob just cause you got yourself a fancy new pistol. I love my ugly wench. :girl:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Very nice indeed!

I have a certain fondness for single-stack carry pieces, and the 239 is one that I have been eyeing up for several years now (although I'm a 9mm kinda guy - But the .357 Sig round is just plain nasty!).

Tough to go wrong w/ a Sig. Congrats!
I think that you'll be quite pleased w/ it for many years...

Regards,

Bones

·
Registered
143 Posts
I like it...I have been gravitating towards a Sig lately...but the 226's that I looked at are too thick for my tastes...I know if I keep lookin I will find one that fits like a glove...Robbie
Try a P245 on for size. Single stack .45. Wonderful gun to shoot. Not as nice as my P226, but I sure like carrying it much better. Of course you could also go with its replacement, the P220 compact. Though, I don't like the beavertail.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats on the new pistola.. :congrats:

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
For the Glock owners, no offense but the Sigs are like beautiful woman, and Glocks are like the ugliest wench you've ever known. :tongue:
Really? No offense, but I do have a SIG, and mine's bigger than yours.
Nice pistol...congrats.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Great looking gun! Congrats!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks. :smile: I want to shoot close range at a city phone book with the 357 sig (125g), 40 (180g), 380 auto (88g), and 357 mag (158g) and see what the carnage is for each cal. I'm curious if the 380 will even penetrate the phone book?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have both.. Guess I like variety in women..:image035: Congrats on a fine P239. :hand10:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
You're gonna' love the 239 . . .

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
It certainly is a nice looking piece, but beauty is only skin deep. My G23 will always get the job done every time. BTW, what did the Sig set you back, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
If you're looking for a good IWB holster, I highly recommend a Crossbreed Supertuck. It's what I have for my P239, and it's one great, comfortable holster! Just make sure you also get a good sturdy belt like a 1.5" Beltman bullhide belt.

YouTube - Crossbreed SuperTuck - Untucked & Tucked

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm just kidding about the Glocks and Sigs :tongue:

It certainly is a nice looking piece, but beauty is only skin deep. My G23 will always get the job done every time. BTW, what did the Sig set you back, if you don't mind me asking?
$800 and that included the P239 with the 357 and 40 barrel, 3 magazines, and approx two hundred rounds of 40 and 357 combined. Bought it on Gunbroker for what I thought was a good deal, esp for a two tone P239 with two barrels. I've been patiently looking for a P239 for a while now, matter of speaking, 6 months. I love the feel of the P239 in my hand.

Sig Sauer P239 Two Tone 40SW & 357 Sig 6 Box Ammo : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

If you're looking for a good IWB holster, I highly recommend a Crossbreed Supertuck. It's what I have for my P239, and it's one great, comfortable holster! Just make sure you also get a good sturdy belt like a 1.5" Beltman bullhide belt.

YouTube - Crossbreed SuperTuck - Untucked & Tucked
Thanks for the recommendation! I picked up a Bianchi IWB holster this weekend at Cabelas, I had a $25 credit for signing up for a Cabelas CC a few months ago, so the holster only costed me $20.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts