Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought the new model sig 229R.
Shot about 500 rounds out of it today.
Its in .40 cal and magazines hold 12 rounds.

Really accurate and love the double and single action.
What do you all of you think about them?
Here's a pic:
(The Gun Vault in the pic comes free with the gun)

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
Looks like you got a great gun. And of course, it's a Sig.

Can't go wrong here.

Can we ask what it set you back?

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
acparmed said:
Looks like you got a great gun. And of course, it's a Sig.

Can't go wrong here.

Can we ask what it set you back?

Welcome to the forum.
Thanks,
The gun cost $900 before taxes.
But guns always cost more in the commie state I live in. So Im sure it can be bought for cheaper elsewhere.

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
Congrats on your 229R. I have one with the DAK trigger. The DAK is nice, but so is the DA/SA like you bought. I like'em both!

Where'd you buy it - if that's not being to nosey.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Sounds like a good deal, glad you like it. Those gun vaults are nice additions too ... and not exactly cheap!
Jack

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
nice looking pistol.

·
Super Moderator
25,533 Posts
Congrats....... Want to get a 229 myself, but not with a rail. Still trying to decide which one than see if I can get it sent into the "wonderful" State of Maryland!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rstickle said:
Congrats....... Want to get a 229 myself, but not with a rail. Still trying to decide which one than see if I can get it sent into the "wonderful" State of Maryland!
How come you dont like the rails?

·
Registered
878 Posts
I got a new one too with rails. And I put a light on my rails....and a set od CT Laser grips on it. It is my house gun!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
25,533 Posts
Sig229 said:
There isn't really anything I want to hang off them, and I can picture the notches getting hung up on something.

Just me!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Congrats on the new baby! :smile:

Well - if that is as pleasant as my 226 then all is well!! Good capacity and have to say if I did go the .40 route that would be my choice. All controls nice and familiar.

Rick - I have rails on my 226 and tho never hung anything off them yet - probably never will - they do not snag or hang up one bit!

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
DE-railed?

Sig229 said:
To my way of thinking the 229 is a little bit too small for a dedicated "House Gun." I want a 229, but I'd want the new SAS version so the smooth edges would be kind to my bulges! LOL My H&K USP is kind of bulky and has the rail, so IT serves a dual purpose as House Gun with the UTL (Universal Tactical Light) and maybe a laser hooked onto that unit. The standard sized USP 45 is big enough to handle the extra weight without changing the balance or adding noticible weight. I also carry it concealed when I feel like I'm going to be headed into "Indian Country," but without the light attached.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
New rule: After registering with the forum you must get yourself a Sig.

That's nice man. Sigs to me are cool because they're a classy gun and a rough and tumble service gun at the same time.

Even that beat up one I swiped up has a peculiar aura of dignity.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
The P229's are really nice guns....accurate, reliable, easy to control in recoil, and bearing a nice trigger pull. My agency issued carry gun is a TDA P229's in .40 S&W without the rail....to me, the only negative with the P229 is its fully loaded weight. It's a bit heavy.

By comparison, I love my 2040 sigpro in 357 SIG due to having all of the aforementioned P229 characteristics plus being lighter in weight thanks to its polymer frame.

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
Euclidean said:
New rule: After registering with the forum you must get yourself a Sig....Even that beat up one I swiped up has a peculiar aura of dignity.
LOL!!! Hey, me and P95 have been tryin' to tell you guys about Sigs!

On another note, I like the rails. I can do anything with the rails I can do with a gun without them. But, I have both a 229 with and one without rails, my slight preference is for the the non-rail 229. It's by no means a big deal to me, but the 229 is a compact and I prefer (only by the tiniest margin) it without rails.

But then I've got both versions of a 229 and 226s so I really don't need a 229 with a rail, but if a 229 was going to be my only gun, then I'd want the 229R.

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Euclidean said:
New rule: After registering with the forum you must get yourself a Sig.
:ticking: :headscratch: This will never happen as we (the 1911 clan) are to great in numbers now :143: and while you Sig folks are tring to think of a way for board domination:div264:, we 1911 fans are slowly but surly beating the Sig out of ya.:yup: :1schmuddel04:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Haha - listen to the Simian megalomania Tangle - :18:

We will conquer thru stealth :wink:

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
I think we got'em on the run! :image035:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts