Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking towards a Gemini front sight for my ruger sp101.Anybody have this on their 101s?If so any pros or cons on this sight??

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
If you want a fiber optic sight on your SP101 they look OK to me and according to their blog they will pre-drill them for $10.00. I'd probably pay for that.
My own preference for an SP101 sight replacement would be the XS Standard Dot. Haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
My SP101 3" features a Big Dot (mentioned above) with a single additional mod. The SP has a rounded trench along the frame-top with a square notch in the rear over the rested-hammer position. I had my pistolsmith machine that square notch away. The remaining (now completely) round trench matches ideally, letting the dot align low over the frame in full view. Luckily, the POA/POI with a 6 o'clock hold matches well with both my practice & carry ammo. I really, REALLY...like it! :yup:

·
Premium Member
3,639 Posts
I have also done the big dot mod to mine, really like it too!

·
Registered
943 Posts
My SP101 3" features a Big Dot (mentioned above) with a single additional mod. The SP has a rounded trench along the frame-top with a square notch in the rear over the rested-hammer position. I had my pistolsmith machine that square notch away. The remaining (now completely) round trench matches ideally, letting the dot align low over the frame in full view. Luckily, the POA/POI with a 6 o'clock hold matches well with both my practice & carry ammo. I really, REALLY...like it! :yup:
I would like to see that Tracker, if it's not too much trouble.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
I would like to see that Tracker, if it's not too much trouble.
No problem, yet my SP's currently "on loan" to my youngest son. Soooo, I may...NEVER see it again! :blink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts